I have almost this entire week free.
A “free” week NEVER happens … but I had cleared my calendar thinking I would have a brand new puppy this week.
I wanted an open schedule so I could bond with him, etc.
Life is full of funny (and not so funny) twists.
Laguna Beach: Click on photo to purchase, or to view larger, in 24atHeart gallery.
• On a positive note, I’ve met some REALLY nice people since having my Bad Breeder experience. It’s a good thing too, because I
had given up was about to give up on the human race.
• Every day I’m contacting a few breeders from the list the NCA gave me of accredited breeders. I started with those I’ve gotten personal references on … and so far they’ve been great people.
• I got a flu shot yesterday. I usually do that around October 1st so I’m a little late. (We always get flu shots because we have sickness-induced asthma issues in our family.)
• Do you get a flu shot? I know a lot of people don’t believe in them for various reasons, but they seem to always keep us flu free. Fingers crossed!
• Some of you have asked …. My sister has improved a lot. She’s doing much better, but I think she has a long road ahead of her. Yes, she was wearing a helmet when she had her bicycle accident. The helmet cracked in half on impact. In addition to a fractured skull and brain injury, she had numerous injuries/broken bones/etc. My parents are with her for an extended stay right now.
• My iPhone (I think it’s an iPhone 4??) is broken. The touchscreen only works when it feels like it. For instance, the other day my daughter called me and I kept touching the screen to answer the call. The phone would not respond. This went on for quite some time. I eventually found a land line to call her back on. (Remember land lines?) Other times the touch screen works fine. Also? It will only connect to wifi once in awhile depending on its mood.
• Yes, I *am* eligible for a phone upgrade so I ordered the bigger-than-my-head iPhone 6 plus. I had trouble deciding which of the new iPhones to get. I went into an Apple store. The iPhone 6 plus does fit in my small handbag. It also has a better camera and longer lasting battery … so I chose it. I mainly use my phone to look at photos anyway – and bigger is always better in the photography world. I ordered it with 128GB so I can consolidate everything onto my phone. Yes, even all the music from my very old, and also broken and unusable (but filled to capacity) 64GB iPod. Unfortunately, Apple tells me my new phone won’t arrive until the end of November. That means I have to try to coax another five weeks or so out of my broken phone. Fun times??
• Yesterday, the Internet went crazy insulting Renee Zellweger for having a face/eye lift done. Yes, the very same Internet that constantly condemns cyberbulling. Of course, people would also insult her if she looked old and/or aging. I can’t imagine the pressure in the celebrity world ….! (It’s bad enough just living in Orange County!)