Today marks my 100th post. It's time to celebrate! There is a tradition, or so I've been told, of posting 100 random facts about yourself in your 100th post. The thought made me start yawning and nod off with my fingers still on my keyboard. I'm sorry everybody, but I can guarantee you don't want to read 100 things about me. I'm not that interesting. If I can't keep myself awake thinking about the subject, how could you possibly read it?
Instead I am going to work really hard to come up with 50 random facts about myself. We'll pretend each fact counts as two, okay? Then, if you manage to read all the way through, I'll have a $50 prize/contest at the end of the post. Each of my fifty random facts represents one potential dollar for the contest winner.
Here are my random facts:
1. I was truant a lot in high school.
2. I was an honor student in college.
3. I like most men better than most women.
4. I'm terribly shy in group settings.
5. I can (and will) attract a pervert from 5 miles away.
6. Material things are not very important to me.
7. I might have broken a few laws in my youth.
8. I've written a lot of press releases.
9. I prefer Chinese and Mexican food over Italian.
10. I have a very low tolerance for stupid people.
11. Children and dogs love me.
12. I prefer big dogs to yappy little ankle biters.
13. Chauvanistic men infuriate me.
14. I'm a very good cook (but I need some help because of my arm).
15. I'm a terrible housekeeper.
16. I am the youngest of 3 siblings.
17. I wore a size D bra in 6th grade. (It was humiliating.)
18. I like candles and fireplaces.
19. When I get really angry, I cry.
20. My college roommate was a multi-millionaire teenager from the OC.
21. I'm missing the interior decorating gene.
22. Spiders have too many legs and they creep me out.
23. I love hearing, or reading, a good story.
24. I did some hand modeling while in college.
25. I can't lie convincingly.
26. I love opening presents.
27. I speed read.
28. I hate flying.
29. My perfect day begins and ends at the beach.
30. I can't relate to girly-girls.
31. I used to be a manager at a Fortune 500 company.
32. I can spend hours in a bookstore.
33. If you really "get" me, I'll cherish you (because so few do).
34. My house has always been a kid hang-out and I love it.
35. Briefcase's family has never liked me.
36. I waitressed in high school and through part of college.
37. I love the smell of fresh jasmine.
38. I can't sew and I don't want to.
39. I love baseball.
40. I rarely swear out loud, but I swear in my head (and in my writing) a lot.
41. I once spent 4 weeks in Europe with my college boyfriend.
42. I don't mind getting my hair wet when I swim.
43. My grandfather was a gangster, but a very nice one.
44. I'd rather go out for the night with one or two couples vs. going to a party.
45. I hate it when people chew gum loudly.
46. I'd rather be outdoors than in.
47. My mom is a much nicer version of Martha Stewart.
48. I bristle at being told what to do.
49. I'm most comfortable in jeans and a t-shirt.
50. You become very irritating when I have PMS.
And now for the contest!
The winner will receive a $50 American Express Gift Card which can be used almost anywhere!
To enter, all you need to do is leave a comment listing one random fact about yourself. If you're shy, you can make a comment about one of my random facts instead. Just leave a comment, and you're entered!
You may only enter once. If you are a blogger and inform your readers about this contest on your site, with a link to this post, I will give you two additional "bonus" entries. You must email me or send me a comment letting me know you've done this and providing me with a link to your site. I will be verifying all sites that choose to participate.
The names of all contestants will be written on slips of paper and put in a hat. Briefcase will be pulling the name of our winner from the hat just like he did for the last contest. The contest ends on Friday August 15th, at 8:00 p.m. Pacific time. The winner will be announced on Monday, the 18th. Good luck!