I'm sure you've noticed there are times in life when everything seems to be in sync. Life flows smoothly, although never perfectly. Then there are other times. Times when
you accidentally flash men things seem a little more chaotic. Try as you might, things are just not clicking along in an optimum manner.
I seem to be running in "out of sync" mode lately. I'm trying very hard to juggle a lot of balls and instead I'm sending them flying through the air all over the place. (This might be the time to apologize to my Internet friends for not being around much lately!)
It's easy enough for me to identify why I'm feeling out of control. My life is out of balance. The problem is, I don't see any immediate way to get my shit together again. Here are the areas in my life causing me stress right now.
1. Travel. It might help if I stay in town for a week or two. I enjoyed my trip to Santa Barbara, and also my trip to see family in Oregon. I'd love to travel even more. But … between Briefcase's work travel and my fun travel, we've barely seen each other for over a month. I can't afford to keep buying so many batteries. If you think air travel is expensive, you should take a look at my monthly bill to keep my toys working.
2. Teenagers. I rarely write about my kids. I have three teens. Does anyone out there in cyberspace know what it means to have three teens? It's payback for my own teen years. Yesterday one of my sons informed me he was off to the library to study "physics" with his girlfriend. Why was I so skeptical? After all, physics/physiques what's the difference? By the way, it was a very long study session. He was gone for hours.
3. My house. I decided to "take my life back" this year, remember? A huge part of that goal entails completing my half-ass house. So why am I so stressed out? My house has been halfway done ever since the car accident. Now, as I try to knock out projects I realize just how much time all that house crap takes. Getting estimates, deciding priorities, picking out colors, blah, blah, blah … it takes a hell of a lot of time. Too bad I don't have a decorator to do all that for me.
My big goal for the upcoming months is to not flash the painter. He's going to be in and out of my house for weeks to come.
Does anyone want to place bets on whether or not the painter sees my boobs before he's done? How about my other lady parts?
4. Physical Therapy/The Torturer. PT is my full time job.
I understand that statement because it's been beaten into my head repeatedly by the medical experts in my life. My friends don't necessarily understand it, but I've been the one to hear every last detail about the necessity of my PT program from my doctor. I want to get better. I've got one of the top doctors in the country. I try to listen to him and follow his advice even when I don't always want to hear what he has to tell me.
Nonetheless, I'm burnt out and want to dedicate my time to other things. I know I can't, yet. I understand all the whys behind my doctor's decision. All the same, PT is a major time suck. I tried to take an additional day off when I got back from my trip this week. I really needed a day to get caught up from all my travel.
The Torturer lost it. He was in rare form with his temper tantrum. It was quite impressive and it got my ass into PT on a day when I really didn't have time to be there.
His reaction also impressed all his employees. They were talking about it for days. He tells me we've officially moved into the "tough love" stage now. I guess that's a nice way to tell me he's going to kick my ass (more than usual) on a regular basis. The lengthier, more brutal sessions are leaving me in teeth clenching pain. It's hard to get motivated for shit like that, even when you know it's in your best interest.
5. Bottled Water. I'm dreading our next home delivery of bottled water. I think maybe I'll plan to be away from home for the next few deliveries. I can't get the image of the surprised delivery man's face out of my head. I'm being ridiculous, I know. It was only a nipple … or two. And a pair of breasts. I'm sure he's already completely forgotten the whole incident.