I'm going to be touching on several topics, briefly, today. I know you must love when I ramble on and on about this and that. Nonetheless, there are a few things I want to update you on and none of them are worth an entire post on their own.
By the way, I might sorta be on drugs. I don't think I need to confess that, but I better in case this post doesn't make sense. Or in case I have a lot of typos. Or something. Only a little itty bit of drugs (and totally The Torturer's fault), but I'm warning you just in case ….
1. First of all, wow! Yes, wow! Thank you so much for your support yesterday with my new photo gallery. Honestly, the best people in the world come here (and there!) to visit. I don't even know what to say except THANK YOU for being so supportive and just plain wonderful!
2. Apple announced the new iPad yesterday. I've never heard as many period-related jokes in my life as I did in the first hour after the announcement. Clearly Apple needs a female on their marketing team. There's not a woman on earth who would have suggested or approved iPad as a name.
3. I'm taking three classes right now. I feel like a full time student again. First, I'm taking a Photoshop class. So far, I've primarily learned how much I don't know about Photoshop. I'm also taking a photography class. The instructor thinks I'm really good at landscape photography. He made me happy, giving me a lot of really positive feedback. He also told me he can make me even better by teaching me "a few tricks." Then he informed me I pretty much suck at portrait photography. Um, maybe that's why I don't shoot people very often?
It sounds so violent.
In addition, I'm taking some online tutorials (various topics) at Lynda.com. It sounds so wrong when I tell my family I need to be left alone for awhile so I can "go do Lynda."
4. I barely have time to breathe. Maybe one class at a time would have been a better idea?
5. Remember when my son was injured during football season and had to be rushed in for ankle surgery? Well, he's still going through physical therapy, but he's almost done. He is doing GREAT! In addition, the baseball coaches at his high school have bent over backwards to accommodate him. The freshman baseball team was announced this week and he made the team. He's thrilled. I'm very happy for him and also relieved. My son lives for baseball, it's hands down his favorite sport. He would have been crushed if he couldn't play due to a football injury. (No more football in his future!)
There will be a lot of high school baseball games for me to attend in upcoming months.
Bleacher butt here I come!
6. The Torturer put me in the worst pain imaginable last Monday. I haven't been back to PT since. (For a host of reasons, not just because the man hurts me.) In any case, I'm hoping in another day or two the pain will have mellowed out to the point where I might be able to sleep through the night. I'm verrrry tired from all the pain. Boo Hiss on The Torturer! (Also? I bet he really misses me a lot!)
7. There's a town in Canada named Lower Sackville. I find this exceedingly funny because I have the sense of humor of a 12 year old boy. One of my twitter friends is Canadian and informed me there is a Middle and Upper Sackville also. Another Twitter friend chimed in with a town she encountered named Glory Hole. ("I just entered Glory Hole – it's rockin' my world.")
Yes, I use Twitter to further my intellectual development, why do you ask?
© Twenty Four At Heart