Many of you choose to email me directly rather than leave comments in my comment section. I don't mind at all, and it's perfectly fine with me if you do so. I do think a lot of readers enjoy reading the comments, however, and seeing what other readers think about certain posts.
I try to get back to both commenters and those who email me, but I'm often a big huge failure in this area. It isn't because I don't care or don't want to communicate, it's just that there are many days when I'm using every spare moment just to get a post written. The next thing I know a week has gone by and the list of emails I need, or want to, respond to seems endless.
I'll keep trying to do better in this area.
Anyway, I thought I'd list out some of the recent questions I've received and answer them in a public forum. Many of you may have the same questions and appreciate the answers. Either that, or perhaps I'm about to bore you all to death.
1. I heard you are going to stop writing Twenty Four, is that true? No. I'm sure there are some people who wish I'd stop writing 24, but I have no plans to stop writing.
2. Are you going to turn Twenty Four into a photography website? No. I will continue to use photos in many of my posts just like I always have, but Twenty Four At Heart is a reflection of my entire chaotic OC life not just one aspect of it. (I often post just photos on the weekends because those are my days "off.")
3. I'm wondering if there will be a new little section on 24. Photography. Tips and tricks and stuff. A little cadre of piksher taker wannabes hanging on your every utterance. Ha! I would love to devote a separate section of 24 to photography eventually, but I think I would want it to be more an area of collective input … where readers who share this interest could come and discuss what they know and what they're learning. We'll see – let me think over the possibilities and logistics.
4. Who do you think you are trying to sell your photos? Um, my name is Suzanne and I live in Orange County, California? (And by the way, I've made them available for purchase at the request of readers, it isn't something I came up with on my own.)
5. What did Briefcase think of Roxxxy? I haven't asked him. I've been fighting the stomach flu all week though so right about now he probably thinks she's looking damn good.
6. Do you make up your crazy stories like the one about your bionic nipples? My nipples are pretty bionic. Just sayin' …! All of my stories are based on my real life and based in fact. I am, however, a writer. I use creative license to make the retelling of my stories more interesting or amusing. (I also change facts to disguise identities if I feel I need to.) As an example, when I wrote in one posts, "My nipple-erections were protruding so far out of my chest, they would have put any well-endowed man to shame," the exact degree of my nipple protrusion was not intended to be taken literally. Were my nipples at full attention? Yes, they were. I think most of my readers understand my intentions when I write something like "her tits reached clear across the room."
7. Why don't you tell us as many stories about The Torturer as you used to? Unfortunately, as 24 has become more widely read, The Torturer has become concerned about how he is portrayed here on 24. I don't use his real name, and I never give out identifying details about him or his practice. Nonetheless, he worries someone might figure out his identity. He's worried my joking and teasing about his antics might be misconstrued by some as unprofessional behavior on his part. If someone managed to connect enough dots, he's afraid Torturer stories could adversely affect his business.
In truth, I think most of you know I owe the man my heart and soul for all he's helped me through. (Which does not change the tumultuous nature of my relationship with him one bit!) However, I would never want to hurt anyone in any way, intentionally or not, with 24 … especially someone who has been there for me through so much. Thus, fewer Torturer stories out of respect for him and our friendship.
8. How did you learn so much about taking pictures since you've only had your camera a short while? Photography has been a hobby of mine for twenty years. I was not able to lift a camera the last few years since my car accident. I don't consider myself an expert, but I do have many years of learning behind me … and hopefully many more years of learning about photography in front of me also. There is always more to learn.
9. Are you in pain all the time? I live with pain too and I find your story inspiring. I'm sure your situation is much worse than mine. Yes, I am in pain all the time. I have not slept through the night one single night since the accident. It sucks. My pain levels are much better than they used to be though, and for that I'm very grateful. Some days are better than others. The Torturer is forcing me to consult with a Pain Management Specialist in upcoming days. He feels we need to get my pain more under control in order for me to make any further progress.
(For those who have asked, yes, I have also consulted with an accupuncturist. He said I've been "anatomically altered" too much by all my surgeries. Apparently, accupuncture isn't very successful in cases of multiple surgeries.)
I don't know if anyone's situation is better or worse … living in pain is never a good thing no matter what. I'm sorry anyone has to live their life suffering. I don't think anything I'm doing is "inspiring." I'm just trying to get my life back to normal to the best of my ability. If sharing my struggles – my many ups and downs – here on 24 helps anyone, I'm glad.
10. Will you be in New York this summer for the BlogHer10 Conference? Yes! I'm looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.
11. What lens do you shoot with? I have several different lenses I've acquired over time. The lens I use most, on a day in and day out basis, is my Canon 24-105.
12. How old are you really? Twenty Four …?!
If I didn't answer your question today, feel free to email me with it, or leave it in my comments section. I will try to get back to you individually and if I don't, maybe I'll do another post like this again sometime soon.
© Twenty Four At Heart