I've been pretty low-key, just letting my eyes rest, and staying home a lot this week. It certainly cuts down on my blogging material when I'm not out embarrassing myself and about as much as usual. Never fear, though, I'm seeing much better and although my eyes aren't entirely back to normal, I think life will be back to its usual craziness this weekend.
In the meantime, I thought I'd share these little snippets with you.
1. Proving once again, I have the greatest readers in the world, it turns out (at least) one of YOU is an opthamologist. (You know who you are!) It is just amazing to write about a situation and have a reader reach out to me with knowledge, advise, and comfort. It makes me love this online world even more.
2. Proving, however, nothing is perfect …. I found one of the strangest reader emails of my life in my Inbox this week. Some of you people out there? Are bizarre. I'm still shaking my head and asking myself, "Who takes the time to write such a long, rambling, email like this to a writer on the Internet?" The person who sent it, clearly is in need of some psychological help. It was not from one of my regular readers. I know my regular readers are fantastic!
3. I ran into Trader Joe's (a market, for those of you who aren't lucky enough to have TJ's where you live) to pick up enough food for my constantly starving 14 year old son. I debated wearing sunglasses inside the store because my eyes are still uber-sensitive to bright light. It would not be an unusual sight to see a person with sunglasses on indoors here. I do live in Orange County, after all. I opted not to.
Five minutes into my shopping trip, a total stranger looked at me and said, "Have you been crying? Your eyes are so red! What's wrong?" I mumbled something about eye allergies and moved on.
What if I HAD been crying? What if I was going through some type of tragedy? Would I want a total stranger to approach me and ask about it? If you saw someone in a store with red, swollen, eyes would you approach them and ask about their life?
4. I owe a bazillion people return emails right now, I'm sorry. I know you understand, but I feel terrible when people email me with questions, etc. and I don't get back to them in a timely manner.
5. I no longer have a physical therapist and that makes me euphoric, frustrated and sad all at the same time.
6. I think my treatment for my arm has reached its permanent end. That realization also makes me euphoric, frustrated and sad all at the same time.
7. For the record, I think Anthem Blue Cross (part of WellPoint) is a greedy, disgusting, medical insurance company. Our economy sucks and people are really struggling to maintain health care. At the same time, the WellPoint CEO was discussing her million dollar plus salary, and her eight million dollars worth of stock options, in congressional hearings this week. All the while, Blue Cross/WellPoint is raising their insurance premiums for all of us "normal" people and paying their providers, the people we depend on to take care of us, way less.
Shame on you Blue Cross!
** Hopping off my soapbox now **
8. Since I've been stuck in the house so much lately, I find myself very bored and perusing online sites. One of my all time favorites, is B&H for photography related stuff. I called them the other day and spent forever talking photography with one of their sales guys. (Honestly, their sales people are SO nice, SO knowledgeable, and gush, gush, gush!) I feel like I can call anytime just to ask questions.
But, of course, I wasn't calling just to ask questions. I ordered a lens on my photography-related wish list. It should arrive today. Guess what I'll be playing with if I can find a few spare moments this weekend?
9. I've been shooting a few photos again in the last day or two. I'm ecstatic and will have a few to share with you over the weekend or next week.
10. One of the women on The Real Housewives of Orange County really is the bitch she appears to be on TV. I bet you can guess which one.
11. I have my first treatment scheduled with the Fat Melting Machine (I'm a "test" subject for the machine) on March 1st. My expectation level for results is at zero, but I still think it will be an interesting experience. I'll have details on the March 11th Plastic Surgery Party for you at the beginning of next week. Mark your calendars!
12. I might be watching American Idol and Tweeting while I type this, so please excuse any typos. I feel a strong responsibility to be a Twitter Judge whenever Idol is on. Maybe it's my extreme love for music, or maybe it's just fun to act like I know what I'm talking writing about. In any case, I take my Twitter Idol Judging responsibilities very seriously.
13. I could make a list like this go on for days, but I won't. (You're welcome.)
14. One of my readers, Queen of Chaos, called her local Cole Haan store two nights ago to inquire on my behalf about the jacket I'm searching for. How nice is she? They informed her, and she informed me, it will be released to stores in 2-3 weeks.
Did I mention I have the best readers in the world!?
© Twenty Four At Heart