** I'm so behind on email! My apologies to everyone who is waiting to hear back from me. **
Life is interesting and, to me, very amusing.
Here's what's been going on in my brain lately:
• What is Flap Meat? (After seeing it at Costco)
• I will never buy Flap Meat, whatever it is, because it makes me think of a woman's muffin top. Flap.Meat.
• I was obsessed with the Angry Birds game – Halloween version. I beat it, and now I'm wondering what's next in life? Someone suggested Doodle Jump?
• Should I buy a new set of granny panties for Surgery #8? I'd hate to wear the same pair twice in front of the SAME people! If so, what color? (The only pair I own now are black.)
• Tiffany & Co., the fancy jewelry store, invited me to an event the day AFTER my surgery. Maybe they'll mail me a consolation prize since I can't attend?
• I wonder if my toenails should match my granny panties for Surgery #8? Is that important?
• My birthday is coming up and I want boots. Brown or black? I wear a lot of both colors.
• Why is there a cannon at the top of the Santa Monica pier? Pirates?
• The most amusing place in Orange County is the Money Town Starbucks. I could sit there for HOURS.
• I don't get any work done, no matter how I try, when I go to the Money Town Starbucks. Instead I make note of women with fish lips, people who have badly distorted themselves with plastic surgery, and men who are very impressed with their own importance. It's very entertaining.
• Free People sells really cute clothes, but they're far from free, people.
• There was a couple having sex under the Santa Monica Pier while I was there. I did NOT photograph them. Sex under the pier is not something you'd see in Orange County. We like to think we're klassee down here! (Or we wait till after dark vs. 11 in the morning?)
• I committed carbicide over the weekend. Back to healthy eating today!
• Why were there no seat covers in the public bathroom stalls in North Carolina? I thought public sanitation laws required them everywhere?
• The emails you send me are incredible/touching/funny.
• Some of you requested – so yes, I've just added a Santa Monica album on my photo website. There are a few photos in it already and I'll add more as I get some time to edit more photos. (See camera/photo button on 24 sidebar)
• If you didn't stop by this weekend, go back and look at yesterday's black and white photo from under the Santa Monica pier. It's my current favorite photo … and the couple having sex aren't visible in the shot. (Does that disappoint you?)
• While I'm thinking of it – yes, there are still Twenty Four At Heart calendars available for those of you who want them for the holidays. (PayPal button on sidebar of 24)
• Sorry for adding that "business" stuff into this post, but people have been inquiring.
• I really should close this post on a lighter note.
• While everyone else looks NICE at the Money Town Starbucks, I find myself there in too big, very old, yoga pants, an old black t-shirt and running shoes.
• Right before Surgery #7 the anesthesiologist asked my doctor what position he wanted me in. My doc and I both burst out laughing. Dirty minds think alike?
© Twenty Four At Heart