** Stay tuned – I'll be having a few holiday giveaways soon! **
After a wonderful, relaxing, start to my spa day I was escorted into another room for my facial with LeAine Dehmer.
As background, I've only had two facials in my entire life. I didn't like them very much which is why I haven't continued to get them. (I left the facials with red, blotchy, skin and broke out terribly after I had them.)
I realize now, the people who gave me those facials really weren't very good at what they were doing.
She is very, very, good at what she does. (I guess you'd have to be, to get the celebrity client list she has.) I have friends who get regular facials and I think it's safe to say no one I know has ever experienced a facial even close to what LeAine treats her clients with.
This is also where I need to confess my skin, after having surgery, gets really terrible for about six weeks. The effects of anesthesia and all the post-surgery drugs wreak havoc. (In addition, I'm still on the devil drug, Prednisone, which makes me very puffy.) My skin, post-surgery, becomes dry and flaky and at the very same time breaks out. I've experienced this after every one of my eight surgeries. Lovely, don't you think?
Can you say not so pretty?
I was a little horrified someone of LeAine's caliber, who is accustom to taking care of (what I presume to be) the flawless skin of famous actresses, would be looking at my pimples. Or as LeAine so tactfully put it, "skin congestion."
LeAine's famous facials last two to three hours (!) and she pulled out all the stops for me. My entire visit at the spa was six hours start to finish, but that did include some time discussing the services/products/business itself.
In no particular order, here are just a few of the things included in my facial:
• Lymphatic drainage massage (Sounds gross? Felt great!)
• Eye and lip peel (Who knew they even HAD such a thing? LeAine followed this up with an eye and lip masque. Softest lips EVER! I think I'll be putting this product on my Christmas wish list!)
• Hydration (My post-surgery skin soaked in LeAine's products so rapidly I think even she was surprised!)
• Neck and Decolletage treatments (I'm all about maintaining a pretty decolletage!)
• Glycolic acid peel (This alone was a miracle worker on my skin.)
• Aromatherapy (Yum …!)
• Deep cleansing (I SO needed this.)
• Scalp massage (I might have napped a little right then.)
• Masque treatment (My skin felt like a baby's bottom after the masque.)
• Hand treatment and massage (Heaven!)
• Foot treatment and massage (Orgasmic!)
• Neck and shoulder massage (at my request LeAine left my damaged right shoulder alone, but this was wonderful even one-sided!)
• Enzyme peel (This felt GREAT!)
• Hot stone massage (Sigh!)
• Mega doses of vitamins and minerals applied to my skin (I think my skin was rejoicing and possibly even singing!?)
• Oxygen treatment. (Oxygen is used to help the skin of burn victims and it has dramatic effects.) A mask is placed over your face and oxygen is pumped directly onto your skin. It feels wonderful.
I know I'm leaving several items off the list. At some point, I could no longer keep track of it all.
When the facial was done, my skin looked and felt great – no redness, no blotchiness and I haven't experienced a post-facial breakout.
As you remember from yesterday's post, the afternoon had begun with a foot soak.
I thought I was in heaven then – at the very beginning, but it was followed by the most relaxing, wonderful bath of my life.
There are no words to adequately describe the facial I received. What LeAine does is unlike any other facial I've ever heard of. Truly, she treated me like an A-list celebrity.
Before I left, LeAine was kind enough to give me a starter kit of her skincare product line.
Would I go back to LeAine for another facial?
Try to stop me …!
Would I make an appointment with LeAine's staff members at Skinsations Spa?
Yes, I would.
Everyone at the spa seemed well trained, friendly, and eager to fawn all over their guests. Honestly, I think Skinsations Spa is a hidden jewel and one of the best kept secrets in Orange County.
Before I left, LeAine smiled and said, "Suzanne, I'd like to give you one more gift since you enjoyed it so much."
It's the cinnamon/clove/eucalyptus body wrap.
I came home, heated it up in the microwave for two minutes, wrapped it around my neck, bum arm, and shoulder and pretended I was back at Skinsations Spa.
© Twenty Four At Heart