There's nothing like the holidays to tucker a girl out.
I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend, whether you celebrate Christmas or not.
It has been wonderful to have everyone gathered together at our house. I'm exhausted, but it's a happy and contented type of exhaustion.
I thought I'd give you a couple quick updates on what's been going on around here.
• I've cooked, and cooked, and cooked some more. We had a Mexican Christmas Eve dinner, a big brunch Christmas morning, and a more formal prime rib dinner on Christmas night. I'll be in stretchy pants until further notice.
• I baked cake balls for the first time ever and they were a culinary disaster.
(Yes, Tanis was right – they resemble reindeer shit! FAIL!)
• I watched an OC woman hop out of her car, bang on another woman's car window while ranting about parking spaces – and then stomp away as she was called, rather loudly, "A Christmas bitch."
• My bionic arm is SO much better than the one I had prior to my last surgery. Thank you again to everyone who helped make Surgery #8 a possibility for me.
• I still have intense pain when I overuse my arm and probably always will. (See cooking, decorating, wrapping gifts, etc.)
• I've had a bit too much to drink at times the last few days. (*hiccup*)
• My heart has been filled with joy at seeing Mocha recover and begin acting like a healthy pup again. I really didn't think she'd make it till Christmas and she is doing so well now. I still don't know what was wrong with her, but she was a very sick dog.
• I went to the mall the day after Christmas. It was INSANE there!
• I had unexpected guests stop by and stay until midnight on Christmas Eve.
• I played a zillion rounds of Apples to Apples over the last few days.
• My heart swelled to the bursting point when someone chose to turn one of my photographs into a painting – which now sits on my mantle.
• I'm very frustrated because my much awaited Christmas gift from Briefcase, a photo software program, won't install properly. I feel like a five year old with a broken toy on Christmas morning. I'll be working to resolve the problem this week, but still ….! (Stomping feet in frustration!)
• I went for a long, long, walk on the beach in the late afternoon yesterday. It was kind of grey outside, but I didn't mind in the least. To me, the beach is beautiful no matter what the weather is like.
• Briefcase has planned a day at the Rose Parade for the two of us. I haven't been to the Rose Parade since I worked on the floats, several years in a row, when I was in high school. It will mean a night of little, or no, sleep but I'm really looking forward to it.
• I still have house guests here, but I now have fewer house guests which has calmed things down a bit.
• I'm not the only one in my house feeling exhausted from the holidays.
© Twenty Four At Heart