Don't you hate it when you read a blog post (or article) on a topic, but never get any follow-up information?
You're left wondering what happened next, or how things were resolved.
I thought I'd cover a few loose ends today and throw in some random miscellaneous facts for good measure.
• First and foremost, my oldest son is safe. He's also very RELIEVED, as we all are. (If you don't know what I'm referring to you can click here to get caught up.) He's back to being a typical college student. He's studying hard, partying hard, involved in a lot of campus activities again, and living in his appointed room once more, where he wants to be.
PK, the troubled student, is still being held as an involuntary in-patient in a psych ward. PK's dad flew to the United States to address the situation. He has withdrawn PK from the university on a "medical leave." When PK leaves the hospital, he will be returning to Brazil for the time being.
No one expects PK to ever return. If he wants to in the future, he will be required to get clearance from a psychiatrist chosen by the university. Personally, I don't think returning should be an option after threatening several people with violence. I've asked the Dean for notification if PK returns while my son is a student. I do sympathize with PK and his family, but my priority is the safety of my son.
• My imaginary bedbugs, which turned out to be carpet beetles, have been eradicated from our home. It turns out carpet beetles are pretty easy to get rid of, but still a total pain in the ass. The Bug Man told me they're very common here and I might see them again in the spring. NO THANK YOU!
Have you ever had a Bug Man flirt with you? Um, yeah ….
• A lot of you have been purchasing my photos lately and I wanted to take a moment to say thank you. It makes me so happy to know they're being enjoyed!
• I got a spam email recently. It was from an OC business. It said, "Have you had your Botox lately?" It made me laugh. Then I looked in the mirror and thought maybe they saw me on the street recently and decided I really need it.
• My bionic arm is so much better than it was prior to being made bionic. At the same time, I've been experiencing a very bad (!) pain flare-up this week and it really, really sucks. I feel like a failure when I have to increase my pain meds. I feel like I'm taking a giant step backwards. There have been a million "setbacks" since the accident, and yet – every single one makes me feel like a failure.
The more I use, (or TRY to use), my arm the more it hurts. Simple, isn't it?
• Did you know there's a national tampon shortage? How can that even happen? It's so tempting for me to write an entire post about this because oh, the jokes! But for today I'll just refer you to this link if you want to read more about it: click here. (Thank you to NeCole for the link!)
• I'm at the spa today having someone work on my arm/shoulder/upper back/surrounding muscles. I hope it helps. Sometimes it makes it worse for a few days before it gets better.
• After the spa, I'm getting a brazilian bikini wax. I know you really needed to know that, didn't you? (Also? Ouch!)
• I stopped in to talk to our cable company yesterday because I was having some problems while streaming Netflix. The nice cable man doubled my Internet speed as we talked. Wow! Things are really speedy in my world now!
• Yes, I am planning to order an iPhone on February 3rd, the first day existing Verizon customers are allowed to. I've been holding out for two years, and my blackberry is a piece of crap.
• I've lost 10 pounds of the weight I gained while taking Prednisone for two months. I already feel so much better. I'm out of my fat jeans. I'm not back in my skinny jeans yet, but I'm comfortably in my in-between jeans. Am I the only person with three sizes of jeans in her closet? (I bought the fat jeans at the end of my second month on Prednisone … blimp jeans!)
• 2011 has not gotten off to a good start. In fact, it has gotten off to a very expensive, stressful, start. The carpet beetle eradication cost around $2,500 by the time it was all said and done. We also had a pipe leak in the concrete slab of our house (that's where the pipes are in most California homes). It involved lots of flooding, holes in our drywall (which are still there), and a bill for around $3,000. Throw in the stress of having a psychotic person threatening my kid ….
I'd like the universe to give me a break –
© Twenty Four At Heart