I got home around 10:00 p.m. last night which doesn't sound late, but it made for a very long day. (Remember, I woke up before dawn to make the trek up to L.A.) The seminar ended around 5:30 p.m., but it was pouring rain which is a very bad L.A. combination with rush hour traffic. I decided to hang out at L.A. Live for a couple extra hours to kill time. Eventually the rain let up and I made the long drive home.
Today, I had to be up earlier than normal and I.Am.Wiped.Out.
My day up in Los Angeles, at the Kelby Seminar, was fantastic.
I have so much to share with you, and I will …
But to be honest, right now I'm too exhausted and my family is calling for my attention.
Or nagging (whatever)!
I will say this …
The best part of the day was meeting so many wonderful photographers.
Photographer-types are VERY interesting people, and not just because they share my passion.
The very first person I met?
Well, he works for Playboy. It took awhile for him to confide and tell me who he works for, but there you have it.
Other quick, but important facts:
• I realized, I already know quite a LOT about photography even though I'm a self taught photographer.
• I re-discovered how impossible it is to stay awake for any type of meeting right after lunch.
• I did not embarrass myself, not even once.
• Except, perhaps, before the meeting started when I lay down on my back in the middle of the convention center to get a photograph of the ceiling. (Very cool ceiling – photos coming soon!)
• There was a movie being filmed in the convention center when the meeting was over. I hung around to watch for awhile. I'll have some iPhone pictures I'll share with you soon.
Speaking of iPhone photos, here's one I took when I first arrived at the L.A. Convention Center.
Or more correctly, it's quite a series of buildings.
More for you soon …. zzzzzzzzzz!
© Twenty Four At Heart