It seems like so much has been going on these last few weeks.
My list of topics to blog about is long.
In an effort to get partially caught up, I'm going to share random snippets today.
I'm always a little random anyway, aren't I?
• A couple weeks ago, I attended a bridal shower for a woman who used to be the primary babysitter for my kids. When did she become a woman and not a teen babysitter? The shower was held in a beautiful home on Balboa Island in Newport Beach. Here's the view from one of the balconies:
The shower was an all day affair, and beautifully done. I dreaded getting dressed up and having to act like a girl girly, but it ended up being a very nice day. My only regret was not having any time to stroll the island. I'll have to make another trip to visit sometime soon – it's very close to me.
• I bought this cookbook for my daughter. Before mailing it to her, I looked through it and decided I wanted a copy too. So yes, I did go back and buy a second one for myself.
The key words on the cover being "easy" and "fast."
• Remember Problem Kid … the mentally ill college student who was threatening my son before being institutionalized? And then he was released, but threatening my son from New York? We've been informed his family has taken him to Peru for treatment. (Which is odd because didn't his family live in Brazil? On the other hand ….)
It's a bit of a relief to have him out of the country. I do hope he gets the treatment he needs.
• I opened a fortune cookie a couple weeks ago and this is what the fortune said:
• I bought a couple flowers to plant for the first time since the car accident. (So yes, that means in nearly five years!)
And no, I don't have enough function in my arm to plant them. They've been sitting around for days now. I keep batting my eyelashes at Briefcase, but he hates gardening so he ignores me. I'll let you know if they every get planted. Sigh! (Blogging about it today might help …. it's called husband-guilt via the wife's blog. Not that I would ever resort to tactics like that ….)
• Mocha enjoys holidays because she gets a few extra table scraps. Can you tell she's interested?
And lastly, I have a new avatar for Twitter and Facebook. I took a quick snapshot in the car Friday night and then edited it with the ColorSplash app. (Don't worry, Briefcase was doing the driving.) Telling you about our night out deserves an entire post of its own because celebrities (!) and OC madness might have been involved.
In the meantime, if you're on Twitter or Facebook you'll find me looking like this:
I know, I know … Mocha is much cuter.
© Twenty Four At Heart