I have one or two more serious subjects I'll be blogging about soon, but today I'm going to keep it light.
Light and breezy … just like a feminine hygiene commercial!
(Because none of us have enough of those in our lives, do we?)
I want to follow up on a few things from prior posts.
• Thank you to one of my readers for suggesting I get a Saltwater Canvas beach bag for the summer. I ordered one, and I'm eager to get my hands on it. It should be arriving this week, and I can't wait to put it to use.
• Phoebe's babies are growing so fast! She's gotten very protective of them, so I shot this photo with my 400mm lens instead of from inside the grotto:
And yes, I only see three babies. I think, perhaps, the fourth didn't survive. They're twelve days old now. They're very crowded in their nest. They have real wings and feathers. I think they'll be learning to fly soon. I'm still swimming in the pool each day, but I've been staying out of the grotto so Phoebe won't chirp like crazy stress out.
• I recently read The Color of Water by James McBride. I loved it and highly recommend it to those of you who haven't already read it.
• Briefcase has been traveling nonstop, including weekends. As a result, I've spent a few evenings getting caught up on movies via Netflix. I'm always way behind everyone else on movies, but I've recently watched and enjoyed:
1. The King's Speech
2. The Illusionist
3. The Queen
4. Temple Grandin
• My son, RC (the one in college), is home for the summer so I'm back to having two of my three kids in the house. There's a lot of testosterone floating around my house.
• Lastly, but most importantly – I want to thank all of you for being so supportive of me as I've worked my way through this recent pain flare-up. I know I'm horrible about responding to comments, but I read every single one. You are OFTEN the strength that gets me through my worst days …
© Twenty Four At Heart