It was kind of a strange weekend.
• On Friday night, Nike came for a visit and we hung out at my house drinking wine and getting caught up. She helped me with a couple things which required more than one working arm to do. (I knew if I got her drunk enough I could get some work out of her!)
It's nice to have a friend you can greet while wearing ten year old yoga pants and a t-shirt. It's even nicer when that friend shows up for an evening of wine-time in her sweats.
• We had gray weather on Saturday; I woke up on Sunday to rain.
In The OC!
• The mountains behind my house looked like this:
By noon the sun had come out and the day ended up being beautiful.
• Nothing evokes memories of my childhood summers more than the scent of star jasmine. I have some planted near my patio and it makes me so happy to see it blooming.
I smell jasmine and I instantly think "summer on Catalina Island" because my family spent time there almost every summer when I was growing up. We had jasmine in our own backyard when I was growing up too, but it doesn't seem to matter. My brain associates jasmine with summers on the island.
• RC is adjusting to summer vacation at home. He landed a job with a prestigious company here in Orange County for the summer. He's very excited. The boss of the company told him the job was conditional on "his mom" not blogging about the company/the boss. (I was floored, when RC informed me.)
It SO makes me want to blog about both.
But I won't, of course.
(For one thing, I have nothing to say about them.)
Ha ha ha ha! (One of the odder/funnier moments since I began blogging!)
• A bird flew into my kitchen, and then back out again on Sunday morning. Our back door was open because the dogs were going in and out. Someone on Twitter informed me it's good luck to have a bird fly into your house. Personally, I was just glad the oven was closed.
• Our canyon seems to be overflowing with wildlife this year, even more than usual. There always seems to be a critter to watch when I find myself at home. Of course, this also provides endless entertainment for our retrievers.
• I've been finding myself self-censoring my writing lately on 24. I think that's the problem with a larger readership. No matter what I write, it seems I'm offending someone, somehow. I'm tired of worrying about it. I'm tired of feeling like I need to keep everything generic all the time. I'm going back to being myself and (probably) offending people again.
Get ready, get set ….
© Twenty Four At Heart