I rarely shop.
Around the holidays I shop for everyone else.
This time of year, I pick up a few things for myself.
I wear "summer" clothes pretty much year round due to the climate here. This is the time of year when all the warm weather stuff is in the stores so I stock up.
Today, I thought I'd do two things.
First, I'm going to ask for your help with a few items I'm searching for but have yet to find.
Second, I'm going to show you a couple items I've already picked up for the summer.
What I'm Looking For:
1. A great summer handbag. Requirements: Not so cheap it falls apart, not outrageously expensive. (I'll probably only use it for one season.) Must have pockets for my phone, etc. I like bags with pockets so everything doesn't get lost. It also shouldn't be heavy – I can't carry heavy bags with my bum arm. It must look fresh and summer-y-ish.
2. A comfortable sandal with a reasonable heel. I don't wear four inch heels. I want a shoe I can walk in, but one that is nicer than a super casual flat sandal. I have a lot of casual flat sandals. I want something a little dressier, with a heel, but still California casual. If I can slip it on and off, I will be thrilled.
3. A casual, flowing, long dress for Hawaii. Something flattering I can throw on to lounge around in for the evenings after a day at the beach. I have big boobs, I can't wear halter dresses. In fact, big boobs make a lot of dresses difficult – I don't want to look like a cow just because I'm well endowed.
4. The perfect carry on/travel bag. I have a few long distance trips coming up. I will probably end up checking one big bag, but I want to find the perfect bag to carry on with me. It needs to fit my laptop, my kindle, my phone, travel necessities, etc. Rollers would be ideal with my arm constraints, but I want it to be small enough to fit under my seat on a plane so I have easy access to the contents while flying. Is there some type of tote bag with pop out rollers? I'm willing to spend more if I can find the perfect item. Making travel easy with my bum arm is a top priority.
5. Shorts I don't look terrible in. (There's really nothing more I can add, is there? I'm looking for a miracle!)
6. The perfect beach bag. This is going to be filled with sand by the first day end of summer. I want it big enough to hold a beach towel or two, and pockets are a must to protect my phone, etc. from the elements.
What I've Already Picked Up:
1. Flat sandals for hanging out in. I mainly wear my super-casual Rainbows around home, but sandals are an art form in Orange County. I wear them year round and like to have several pairs in my closet to go with anything/everything.
I couldn't decide which color:
They were under $25.00, are super comfortable, and I'll be slipping them on as I run out the door to PR's baseball games for the next twelve months.
I also picked up these:
2. Tie Back Tank. I bought this cute, comfy, shirt from Anthropologie
with Hawaii in mind but I'll wear it all summer.
As you can see, there are more things on my "Need To Get" list than on my "Already Have" list.
Have you already picked up any summer items?
Do you have any suggestions for me?
I can use all the help I can get!
Your Not-So-Girly Friend
© Twenty Four At Heart