I can finally say I'm improving and coming out of this latest pain flare-up.
I apologize for being so out of it lately.
Two flare-ups in one month – it has sucked.
(It's like being vaporized and then trying to put your own molecules back together again.)
Since readership is always lighter on Fridays, I'm going to keep today's post light too.
• A few of you requested I put yesterday's sunflower photo up for sale. It's now in the "2011" album on my photo site. Sorry I didn't think to upload it sooner. (Remember, photos are also available as standouts or on canvas – please contact me via email if that is your preference.)
• RC, my college-aged son, is home for the summer. He loves to cook and he's an excellent cook. It drives me a little crazy though because he's always grabbing the steak knives to use as paring knives. I decided to fix the problem:
• Yesterday afternoon I grabbed an iced coffee at Starbucks. While I was there my favorite barista told me about a "known" child molester (three time offender with girls under the age of 13) who has been coming in every morning. Due to Megan's Law, apparently everyone in his neighborhood is aware of who he is. I'm over the age of 13, my daughter is over the age of 13, and I'm completely creeped out. Why do repeat offenders get out of prison?
• I took my iced coffee and sat on a bench by the lake. It was such a nice day I thought I'd read email, etc., out in the sunshine.
• While I was there, this young lady came by to say hi to me:
• I'm spending this morning working with a lawyer on matters regarding Twenty Four At Heart. Just writing those words kind of blows me away. I never could have imagined when I began this little blog it would evolve to the point of needing its legal interests tended to.
• Now that I'm coming off my most recent pain flare-up, I find myself really looking forward to the weekend. I've been out of the pool, and away from my camera, for a week. (Thank goodness for my phone camera – it's prevented total photography withdrawals.) I can't wait to get back to the things which bring me joy in life. I will probably start off swimming using my legs only, and shooting photos with my lightest lens.
But still …
I can't wait.
Life is not worth living if you take away all the things that bring you joy.
© Twenty Four At Heart