I've been very busy lately.
Here's a glimpse of some of what's been going on with me "behind the scenes" lately.
• One of my girlfriends is moving out of state. It makes me sad to see her go. I took her out for a farewell lunch. I cried saying good-bye to her. Life is full of way too many good-byes.
• My son's college roommate recently asked why I had not yet sent back my famous homemade banana bread. How can someone I barely know make me feel so guilty? I baked two loaves and got them in the mail yesterday … sheesh!
• I've been walking a lot. Walking, and walking, and walking. My ass has fallen to the ground (who invented gravity?) and I'm trying not to drag it behind me as I go. If I walk long enough, it clears my head too. Sometimes we all need a good head-clearing, right? Why does that last sentence sound sex related?
• I've been spending as much time as my bum arm will allow on photography. When I can't shoot, due to pain, I study. Yes, I'm studying everything I can to improve my skills. Have I mentioned (four bazillion times) photography is my passion?
• In case you don't already know, G+ is the place to be for anyone interested in photography. Where else can you "talk to" and learn from the top photographers in the world? (And, I'd like to add … the photography community on G+ is NICE. I can't believe how encouraging everyone has been. Thomas Hawk even sent me a link to his playlist for photo editing tunes. Nice guy even if he is absurdly famous.)
• This is what Los Angeles looks like from the LA Live area at the end of the day:
• This is what Orange County looks like at twilight:
• I got a "medicinal marijuana" license from a well-known weed doctor in Orange County. It was all I could do not to laugh while I went through this formality. He was quite serious, and I wanted to giggle the entire time I was there. (By the way, he told me I probably should also use the Fentanyl patches my pain doc prescribed – but I'm still trying NOT to.)
• Later that day, I visited a "Medical Marijuana Dispensary." It happens to be located in the same building complex as The Torturer, my ex-physical therapist. The irony of this is not lost on me. I wasn't tempted to giggle while purchasing my medicinal marijuana because the guy selling it to me was. That's right – he kept giggling. He was as high as a kite.
• That night my friend, Nike, texted me and asked, "Well???" I texted back one word, "Floating!"
• P.S. Saturday Night Live is suddenly SO funny.
© Twenty Four At Heart