Yesterday morning, when I first checked-in on email/Twitter/G+, I noticed the number of my G+ followers had gone up overnight. I thought it was a little odd since I wasn't posting any photos while I slept. (At least, not as far as I know!)
It seemed even odder when I got on G+ and realized my G+ followers now outnumber my Twitter followers.
Then I found out why …
Thomas Hawk, who I just mentioned in my post yesterday, published a list (his circle) of "250 Kick Ass Photographers." My name was on his list. People who would never otherwise hear of me, are now following me/my photos.
I need to go on a little tangent –
• Holy shit folks! Thomas Hawk!!
• I told you he was nice.
• Yes, I DO know I still have a lot to learn about photography. (The more I learn, the more I realize I need to learn ….)
• I'm honored, and at the same time humbled, by being mentioned on the same list as so many photographers I really, really, admire.
• Being able to "share circles" on G+ is the coolest invention since sliced bread! (You can follow all the same photographers, or whatever, as your friends – with just one click!)
• Those of you who have been reading me for any length of time know what I've gone through in recent years. The terrible car accident, the resulting eight surgeries, the loss of use of my dominant/right arm, the chronic severe pain I will live with for the rest of my life, my new "bionic" arm, the loss of my ability to hold a camera for years – it goes on and on.
It's been five years of fighting and overcoming odds and fighting more (and more, and more!) … and Thomas Hawk put me on his Kick Ass Photographer List. For other people, this might be a "little" thing – for me, it's huge.
(He has no idea, except maybe now he will – if he sees this post.)
After all I've gone through, how is it even possible?
I am the woman who would never hold a camera again ….
I really hope you'll come join me on G+! It's the new happenin' place.
© Twenty Four At Heart