Today, at some point, I'll be driving my daughter to the airport and saying good-bye.
Before I do that, I'll be spending a very (!!) long several hours in: La Crescenta, La Canada, Pasadena, Montrose, and Los Angeles.
Did I mention I have a brain-splitting migraine too?
I'm pretty sure it's tied to my injuries/disability/muscle spasms/horrible pain I'm experiencing right now. Because all of that pain is not enough, without adding a migraine to the mix.
I hate good-byes.
Especially good-byes to people I love.
Yes – even in this case, when I know I'll be seeing my daughter in Boston in just a few weeks.
We've had a busy visit, leaving me with very little writing time.
I thought I'd share bits and pieces of what's been going on ….
• I saw a woman over the weekend whose eyebrows were permanently residing at her hairline. Plastic surgery gone bad …! I'm sorry, I don't have a photo. There was no discreet way to take one.
• I've given up my husband for a new lens I've fallen in love with. (Shhh – don't tell him, he doesn't suspect a thing!) It's the Canon 135mm f/2 and it's razor sharp and we create magic together.
The 135mm lens isn't for everyone and/or every situation – but it's my current crush.
• I also have another crush. I love dahlias.
Do you love dahlias?
Do you know what a dahlia looks like?
I tried to capture just a small touch of dahlia beauty in the above photo. They make my heart so happy …
(No, I didn't use the new lens for the dahlia photo.)
I might buy myself a couple dahlias on the drive home from the airport today just to cheer myself up.
• I went hiking in Peter's Canyon on Saturday. It was hot. (Doesn't that sound like a porn movie? Peter's Canyon … Peter's Canyon was very warm!)
By the way, Peter's Canyon looks pretty much exactly like "my" canyon.
I'm unintentionally cracking myself up today.
Peter's Canyon is, of course, further away than my canyon … it's in the city of Orange.
As I was hiking, I came to a fork in the road …
Life is just one big fork in the road, isn't it?
(I'm SO deep today! Just call me The Philosopher Named Twenty Four!)
By the way, I ended up taking the path to the left.
I wonder what would have happened if I'd gone to the right?
In any case, I hiked up some very steep trails.
And down them.
I now have a slightly sore ass from excessive steep-hill-hiking.
• Did I mention it was spectacular here this last weekend?
I love the month of October in Orange County.
It's breathtakingly beautiful right now.
Did you have a nice weekend?
© Twenty Four At Heart