If you live in the US, I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving weekend. Actually, I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving weekend wherever you live, and whether or not you celebrated.
My last guest leaves this afternoon. I will then look around my thrashed house, freak out about The State Things Are In … and begin the process of guest-recovery. I’m sure I’ll get everything back in order just in time for the return of family and guests in three weeks ….
Here’s a look at what I’ve been doing the past several days:
• Cooking, cooking, cooking.
• Eating and drinking too much. Stretchy pants have never felt so good!
• Hanging out at the beach. We’ve had 85F/29.4 C weather. Crystal clear skies – so beautiful!
• Car shopping. I hate car shopping. Hate, hate, hate! However, my current car is leased and the lease is up in a couple weeks. I need to look at cars in spite of the fact I hate doing it. (And no, I have no idea what I’ll end up getting.) What a waste of beautiful weather, don’t you agree?
• A little Christmas shopping … primarily for/with my daughter while she was in town to try on clothes.
• A little online shopping … to avoid the malls as much as possible. I’m a hermit at heart and I hate shopping in crowded malls.
• Managing a really bad pain flare-up. (Is there such thing as a good pain flare up? I think not.) I’ll try not to bitch too much, but ….? Whine, whine, whine!! Also? OUCH! I think I’m on the downswing of it now … thankfully. It, quite honestly, knocked me on my ass for a couple days.
I felt like I should walk around wearing the above sign, or something similar. “Extreme pain flare-up, resulting in UNSTABLE moods, STAY CLEAR!”
• On the positive side, all three of my kids were here for Thanksgiving. It was so nice.
Did I mention it has been absolutely spectacular here lately?
I love the fall in Southern California.
© Twenty Four At Heart