I had plans for a creative give-away today.
I want to thank all of you for hanging in there with me during my fifteen days without a computer. (But who's counting, right?)
I'm still doing a give-away, but the creativity part of the deal has been put on hold.
• I didn't anticipate having to go up to L.A. for a very lengthy day yesterday. (They really need to develop a high speed train from The OC . . . because SHEESH the traffic!)
• I didn't anticipate having to take Briefcase to the hospital for some testing before dawn this morning. (He's fine – his doc just had an early morning opening for some routine testing.)
• I didn't anticipate having my bionic arm re-programmed incorrectly by Romeo's replacement this week. (Romeo has left me … how could he? Even funnier, Dr. Painless asked me if I felt like a jilted lover. Ha!)
Incorrect re-programming means my bionic arm isn't working – so ouch!! Also, I suddenly have to re-arrange my week for a second trip for reprogramming. Currently I get an error message informing me I've been corrupted … which would be hilariously funny if I wasn't in pain.
Also? It's much more fun having Romeo stimulate me vs. his female replacement.
• I didn't anticipate heading into a pain flare-up midday yesterday. Such perfect timing since my electrodes are down and can't offset the pain.
Can YOU be creative while on Percocet? Because I just see blurrrrrrrr…!
I will be doing some posts on potential gift ideas as the holidays approach. If possible, I'll tie in a few more give-aways in the process.
I'm going to keep it simple but useful.
I'm offering up TWO $50 Amazon gift cards.
You can order almost anything from Amazon … books, music, food, home furnishings, cameras, photography equipment, etc.!! You can also re-gift them for the holidays if you'd like.
I don't do "complicated" give-aways so here are my very simple rules:
• Every comment you leave counts as an entry.
• You may enter as many times as you'd like.
• You're only eligible to win ONE of the two gift cards.
• I'll pick the winners using Random Integer software.
• Entries will be closed at 8 pm Pacific time today, Thursday.
• Winners will be announced on Friday.
(Spam comments will be deleted and disqualified.)
Any comment will do, but if you're having trouble coming up with ideas –
I'd love to hear what's on your wish list for the holidays this year.
© Twenty Four At Heart