What a week it’s been.
Tulips. This week it looks like spring here, feels like summer – but it’s … winter.
I wanted to follow-up on a few previous posts, and update you on life around here.
First of all, Doc (my golden retriever) perked up yesterday afternoon and seems to finally be feeling better.
Earlier this week Doc looked like this:
A sad, hurt, dog.
Doc still has his cast on, but he wanted to play, was very smiley, and seemed in great spirits by the end of the day yesterday. If you doubt whether or not a dog can smile, then I suggest you watch this hilarious YouTube video about the guitar loving dog: Guitar Loving Golden.
Second, I still don’t know who The Pomegranate Stalker is. It might end up being a forever-mystery.
Third, people have been asking why I’ve nicknamed my new PT The Neanderthal. I’ve also been asked if I like him, if he’s helping me, etc., etc.
I’ve nicknamed my new PT The Neanderthal because he rips out scar tissue with his bare hands. (He really does! It’s a “hurt so good” type of thing.)
The Neanderthal is a hard body. (Not that I noticed, because of course I didn’t.)
The Neanderthal follows the paleo diet which is often referred to as the caveman diet.
The Neanderthal doesn’t mind his nickname, although I think he’s a little baffled by me in many ways.
I’ll have some future posts on my adventures at physical therapy soon, but I can tell you this now:
- I like The Neanderthal (even when I bitch about PT hurting).
- I’m in less pain than when I walked into his facility the first time two weeks ago.
- He’s the complete opposite of The Torturer in so many ways – at times it’s a little disconcerting/confusing.
- I’m not expecting anyone to fix my bum arm, but I already know The Neanderthal can help me function better with it.
- The Neanderthal is unconventional in many ways – which is kind of refreshing.
- The Neanderthal has made arrangements to meet with Dr. Painless to get a better understanding of my medical nightmare.
- I’ve actually been well-behaved (for me) so far during my PT sessions.
- Except for a few off-color jokes.
- And some swearing as he rips scar tissue out of my body.
- But … other than that.