Since I’m still a little “out of it” from yesterday’s anal probe,
I’m going to publish a Friday Follow-Up post today.
I’ve received several questions from readers. Friday always seem like a good day to address reader questions.
Manhattan Beach Pier and Beach
• Did everything go okay yesterday? Yes, yes it did. They gave me the same drug that Michael Jackson died from. That was comforting. I don’t remember anything about the procedure, which is always for the best when your husband’s friend sticks a camera up your ass. Apparently, I now have a very healthy looking colon. A girl always wants to look her best, right? Tidbits from this wonderful experience: It’s surprising how full of shit I can be. Also? My doctor (and I do love him) is a little anal. Hahahahahahaha!! (My apologies if you’re reading today doc – how could I resist??)
• Why is San Francisco the first stop on Road Trip 24? What’s in San Francisco? I’m long overdue for a Bay Area visit. It’s a place I love, and a place I’ve been to often. (I lived in Northern California for a couple years right out of college. Briefcase also proposed to me in San Francisco.) Since I’ve been able to hold a camera again, I’ve been wanting to get up north for some photos. San Francisco is such a beautiful, photographic, city. My friend, Nike, has wanted to visit Muir Woods for a long time. This trip will allow us to both knock out something on our wish list. It also looks like I’ll finally get to meet up with someone who has become a great online mentor to me.
• Where are you going next? Will you be coming to visit me? I believe my next few visits will be in California. ( I’m going to take my son to visit a few colleges over his Spring Break. I’ll tie college-visit trips into some photo visits.) I will be working on a schedule for my other Road Trip visits, and publish it, soon. It definitely looks like Ohio will be on the list for June or July. I got a lot of Ohio requests from readers!
• Was the rape post fiction or nonfiction? Not long ago, I told you I would be taking on some writing projects here on 24. Some of them will be based on true stories from my life (or the lives of people I know), some of them will be based on partially true stories from my life (or the lives of people I know), and some will be fictional. I will be leaving each story open to your interpretation. I’d like to publish one of these “story” posts every ten days or so, but don’t hold me to it. Some of them will be difficult to write.
• How is The Neanderthal? He’s fine. Maybe a bit obnoxious at times? He’s helped me a lot. My biggest improvement since beginning Neanderthal treatment, has been with all the “extra” pain I get in the muscles surrounding my bad arm/shoulder. He’s really gotten those areas to calm down. At least a few times a week, he asks Are you okay? as he works on me. (I get very quiet when I’m in a lot of pain.) I then swear loudly and say THIS REALLY HURTS. The Neanderthal’s answer is always the same: I know. (And then we carry on.) I’m now a big believer in A.R.T. (Active Release Technique). It may not help with everything, but it has helped me a lot with the peripheral areas of my injuries.
Like any medical treatment – I’m sure the results are very dependent on how good the A.R.T. provider is.
The Neanderthal’s real life friends and acquaintances think his blog name fits him perfectly. (Ha!)
• Are you still taking Moxxor? Yes, I am. I think I will be taking it for life. I know a lot of you have ordered it. I’ve also gotten a lot of questions about it. First of all, it isn’t a drug. Moxxor is an Omega 3 supplement. Omega 3 is something all of our bodies need, regardless of whether or not you are a “pain patient.” You can research Omega 3/the health benefits of Omega 3 or talk to your doctor about it. In other words, if I didn’t have one bit of pain in my body – I would take Moxxor anyway for the other health benefits it provides.
As my pain specialist can attest, the only time (prior to taking 4 Moxxor pills each day) I’ve had a significant decrease in my pain level within my shoulder joint itself has when I’ve been on “emergency” steroids. Why is that? Well, steroids are powerful anti-inflammatories and a lot of my pain is caused by inflammation in my damaged/injured areas. Steroids cause cancer and are NOT something I want to take on an ongoing basis. (My doctor doesn’t want me taking them very often either.) Why does Moxxor help me? Omega 3 is also an anti-inflammatory, but it’s a natural and very healthy one. Moxxor is a very potent Omega 3 source with higher anti-inflammatory values than any other source of Omega 3. I can’t promise anyone it will help with THEIR pain – I just know it has helped with MINE.
In addition, I just plain feel better on it. I have more energy. Many of you have written to tell me you feel better on it too.
By the way, for those of you who are using Moxxor regularly – it’s less expensive per bottle if you buy it on “auto-ship.” This just means you get it sent out to you when you need more each month, without the hassle of getting online to re-order it each month. If you’re going to be using the product anyway, why not save money while doing so?
• Are you on Pinterest? Yes, I’ve been on Pinterest for a long time. I don’t spend a lot of time there though. If you’re looking for me, you can find me here.
• Why did you order a 14mm lens? Okay, now you sound like my husband! There are a couple reasons: 1) I’m planning to purchase a full frame camera within the next year and my current wide angle lens (10-22 lens) will not work on my future camera. Rather than spend money on a camera and a wide angle lens at the same time, I’m trying to spread out the financial pain. 2) I do currently have a 24mm lens which WILL work with my future camera. I love my 24mm lens, but I also want a lens I can go extra wide with. My “old” lenses never go to waste. I either sell them or hand them down to my daughter, depending on their value and/or the situation.
• Can you tell us more about the hot trainer at the gym? Oh yes, I definitely can ….