I’ve been making a new playlist on my iPod.
I’m trying to come up with a good mix to listen to/sing to on my upcoming trip to San Francisco.
The weather has been spectacular lately – let’s hope it stays that way for awhile longer.
Photo: Orange County Sheriff parked at the beach. (I would be too!)
You might remember, Nike and I will be traveling to the San Francisco area in a couple weeks. (This will be the first trip of my Road Trip 24 adventure!)
Nike is the one who forced me to (loudly) belt out It’s Not Unusual by Tom Jones one night.
(I can’t sing. At all. Which doesn’t stop me.)
By the way, Tom Jones was WAY before my time.
I feel an overwhelming urge to make that clear.
Nike likes old music.
I do too, but I ALSO like new music.
Right now, I’m working on a playlist of more current songs.
I won’t bore you by listing every song on my latest playlist, but here are a few songs/groups you might be interested in:
1. The Fray‘s new album. I’m a long-time Fray fan.
2. On My Mind by Kalai. I love this guy, and have for quite awhile. I’m waiting for him to come out with more!
3. Everybody Talks (and also 1983) by Neon Trees.
4. Lonely Boy by The Black Keys.
5. Helena Beat by Foster the People. (I have several of their songs on this same playlist.)
6. Cough Syrup and My Body and Strings by Young the Giant. (!!)
7. Rebelution – Reggae … One of my favorites!
8. Iration – Reggae … Another one of my favorites!
9. Collie Man by Slightly Stoopid (and if you want a good laugh: Officer).
10. Jack Johnson. I love Jack Johnson so much, it hurts.
11. Sail by Awolnation.
12. Santeria by Sublime.
12. Somebody I Used to Know by Gotye
Also – Adele. If you’re feeling hormonal, or going through the end of a relationship, you might want to pass on the Adele songs.
I could list many (many) more.
I’m a music junkie.
I’d love to hear what you’re listening to lately …
Or suggestions of songs you think might be great for a road trip!