Whew – what a week it has been!
Before I get started, I thought you might like to see the inside of my hotel in San Francisco.
I stayed at the Hyatt Embarcadero.
The geometric lines of the architecture are awesome!
Photo: Taken from the Atrium Level of the Hyatt Embarcadero, San Francisco, CA.
It’s really a stunning building. (A big thank you to Nike for picking it!)
OK, let’s play catch-up:
• I got a call yesterday afternoon letting me know my breast biopsy came back benign! (I felt confident it would, but it was still a big relief to hear good news.)
• Thank you to all of you who sent positive thoughts, prayers, good mojo, etc., my way.
• My boob is still sore, but it’s improving quickly. (It ain’t so pretty all bruised up though!) And no, I will NOT be letting anyone near it for awhile.
• Do you hear me, Briefcase??
• I’ve had the worst dried, cracked, cuticles this year. Nike recommended a product called Healthy Hoof. I found it at our local drugstore. (It was hidden amongst four hundred bazillion other nail products.) Anyway, it is helping a LOT. I thought I’d pass the tip on to you. I imagine one jar of the stuff will last forever.
• I have more fresh strawberries in my house right now than I know what to do with. Suggestions are welcome. (Do fresh strawberries freeze well?)
• Canon has (finally) announced the 5 DMark III. Yes, it IS over-priced and expensive. (It’s a professional level, full frame, camera … but it’s STILL over-priced.) Camera stores are taking pre-orders now.
• Yes, I DO still love my Canon 7D.
• Yes, I’m still taking Moxxor. Yes, I really DO believe it’s helping me.
• Yes, I’m still seeing The Neanderthal. I have to take a week off PT to heal from the biopsy. I’m sure he misses me more than he can stand.
• Yes, I really DO believe he’s helping me a LOT, too.
• My baby is turning 17 tomorrow. I might die from the shock of it. How is it even possible he’s so old???
• My next bit of traveling will be in a couple weeks – and tied to college visits for him. (OMG – how is that even possible??)
• I’ve only partially unpacked from San Francisco.
• I love the magazine Real Simple. I picked up a copy for my flight home this week.
• I don’t wear a watch. I always check my phone for the time. Or I ask other people what time it is, if I can’t get to my phone. Do YOU wear a watch?
• Every drawer and cupboard in my house needs to be cleaned out, does anyone with two working arms want to volunteer for the chore?
• There was the most obnoxious OC woman at the store yesterday. Someone should make a law forbidding excessive plastic surgery.
• Someone should make a law forbidding her personality, too!
• Is it just Orange County, or is the whole world on a kick thinking Moroccan (Argan) Oil is a “miracle” treatment for hair?
• Several of you have asked to see more San Francisco photos – they’re coming!
P.S. I may have gone link-crazy in this post!!
P.P.S. I forgot to mention Adobe’s Lightroom 4 is also now out! It’s a good first step if you’re new to the world of digital photography!
P.P.P.S. Here’s a photo of Nike taking photos with her iPhone. (She got some great ones.)
The best camera is the one you have with you!