I’m so glad it’s Friday, how about you?
I’ve been in a pain flare-up ever since I went to L.A.
As a result, The Neanderthal hurt me more than normal this week.
A little while ago I took a pain pill.
I, apparently, didn’t have enough to eat prior to taking it …
I can’t seem to THINK now, so it’s Follow Up Friday time.
• Yesterday’s post about cell phone manners seems to have hit a nerve with a LOT of people! If you missed it, you can read it (and some very interesting comments) by clicking here.
• Orange County has had crappy Gray May/June Gloom weather this week. We’ve had such a thick layer of beach/marine fog, its been gray all day, every day. It’s my least favorite California weather. (It’s supposedly going to be improving this weekend.)
Photo: Man at Orange County beach during Gray May foggy weather
• I had a meeting with my web designers this week. They’re hard at work on some of the changes I promised for this little blog of mine. For those of you waiting for more photography news/info/tips – I appreciate your patience.
• The whole process of purchasing my prints will be much easier in the next few weeks, but my print prices will be increasing at the re-launch. (I’m sorry about the price increase, but it can’t be helped due to some of the upcoming changes.) I wanted to let everyone know in advance in case there’s a print you’ve been been meaning to purchase.
• My earthbox is doing great. I know it isn’t “really” gardening if other people’s arms had to do a lot of the initial work, but it makes me so happy to have a (mini) garden again. My basil is growing like a weed – I have more basil than I know what to do with! (If you live locally, let me know if you’d like some.) The cilantro I planted wasn’t doing too well at first, but it’s finally taking off too. (I even used it in a recipe last night!) In addition, I’ve added some sage and rosemary to the same planter. (I have a separate pot with mint in it, too.)
• When I was at the OC Pet Expo I met a hairless dog for the first time. He was a funny looking creature, and it felt really strange to pet him.
Photo: Hairless dog
• The best way to clean a bottleneck hummingbird feeder is to use the brushes made to clean fish aquariums. (Fish aquarium brushes can be found at your local pet store!)
Photo: Hummingbird drinking at feeder
• I continue to love using Farm Fresh to You for home delivery of organic produce. This week I was excited to see baby bok choy in my box. Yes, little things like cute baby bok choys DO make me happy!
Photo: Organic produce delivered to my house by Farm Fresh to You. (Discount code: 6164 available)
Last photo, for today anyway,
One of my favorite flower photos from my day at The Huntington:
Photo titled: I Miss Being Entwined With You
I hope you have a great weekend!