You’re never too old to learn new things,
Not even at the ripe old age of 24.
Here are a few things I’ve learned (or re-learned?) in the last few days:
• Saying good-bye to one of my kids (as they fly far, far, away) will always make me cry.
Photo credit: Nike
• That same kid isn’t six years old anymore (and he’s thrilled to be experiencing New York City for the first time).
• Maybe I HAVE worn lipstick one time in my life.
• Taking a vow to take pristine care of a new (expensive) tripod only lasts until I take it to the beach for the first time.
• Photography is a very expensive enterprise if you’re involved at a professional level.
• Whole Foods (at least the one closest to me) attracts some really extreme OC women.
• I might be considering a career as a Super Stealth Whole Foods Grocery Store Photographer.
• My tomato plants CAN grow taller than me.
• 90% of people in the United States are Vitamin D deficient, including me.
• Tea is really, really, good for you.
• People from my past will resurface time and time again (mainly due to Twenty Four At Heart) – and it will always come as a huge (!!) surprise.
• If someone was a good friend once upon a time, there’s probably a reason why.
• Between Google and YouTube, there’s nothing you can’t learn.
• Life really is unfair.
• Only another photographer will understand why you’re willing to sit, fully clothed, in the ocean “just to get the perfect shot.”
• A lot of things in life feel better than sand in your girly parts.