You might have noticed, Twenty Four At Heart has begun the transition I mentioned it would soon be going through.
The site isn’t (remotely) done.
I’m requesting your patience for the next few days/week until it can be completed.
In fact, as I write this –
The only change that’s outwardly happened is the background of the blog turned black. (Although, it’s possible more changes will have happened by the time this publishes.)
A few of you have told me it’s hard to read the type/font and I’ve sent those comments on to the web designers.
(I didn’t know this was about to happen any more than you did!)
Hopefully they’ll make it very easy to read asap!
I DO know the designers are behind the scenes doing an awful lot of work right now and there might be some bumps/bruises/oops moments during the transition.
I really appreciate your patience – I’m hoping everything will be completed very, very, soon.
(In the meantime, if you’d like to drop off a bottle of wine I’d appreciate it!)
Everything will be beautiful and wonderful before we know it.
In other news, I received my new tripod yesterday.
Here’s a blurry iPhone photo of the box:
The above photo is blurry because it was:
a) Hurriedly taken with an iPhone, and
b) I didn’t use a tripod!
Tripods are like tires for a car.
You need them, you want good quality, you want them to last, and you absolutely hate to spend money on them.
(Lenses are fun, cameras are fun – tripods are necessary!)
I’ve been using a “travel” tripod for a few years now. I bought a travel tripod because it was SMALL and very, very, LIGHT –
Characteristics which are necessary with my bad arm.
Of course, a travel tripod is built for occasional use and I used mine all the time for everything.
It officially bit the dust while I was on my last trip to San Francisco.
This time I bought a “real” tripod because I know how much I use one.
It’s carbon fiber so it’s pretty light for its size.
I’ll let you know how I like it after I use it for a few shoots. I’ve made other (non- tripod) purchases from Really Right Stuff before and been very happy.
Really Right Stuff tripods also come highly recommend by several of my photographer friends.
In other, non-related, news:
• My oldest son leaves tomorrow for a summer job back east. He’s been home for three weeks, and it has been wonderful to have him here. I hate saying good-bye to my kids.
• My youngest son isn’t even out of school for summer break yet – one more week!
• I had a pervert encounter at the grocery store yesterday. Why are perverts always at grocery stores?
• Perverts need to buy food too?
• OK, so perverts aren’t always at the grocery store. Sometimes they’re at parks or driving oversized white vans.
• I’ve got more mint growing in my backyard than I can use – I’m making tabbouleh today.
• The Neanderthal hurt me a lot yesterday. He insists he’s “helping not hurting” me. It takes a special type of personality to be a physical therapist, doesn’t it?
• I will be testing out a waterproof camera this weekend. I’m very excited to get wet with it!
• That’s what she said?
• How many of you have fireflies right now? (And if you have them, where do you live?)
Once again, thank you for your patience during this (hopefully) brief transition period here at Twenty Four At Heart!!