I’ve spent almost a year working on a redesign for Twenty Four At Heart.
Months were wasted when a web designer promised me results he/she did not deliver.
That, by the way, was a very costly and very frustrating experience.
I didn’t give up.
Instead, I reached out to a company I knew I could count on for awesome results.
My friends at GiggaSavvy have built me a beautiful website-framework.
Today, it goes “live.”
(If you notice anything funky please let me know. It’s probably my fault. I’ve been playing with all the new features and I quite possibly “broke” something!)
So, what’s new?
What’s staying the same?
Here’s a list of things I want to share with you about my “new” site:
• You’ll still find my usual nonsense right here, where it’s always been. My life/my thoughts/my mishaps/my sometimes inappropriateness/my photos that go with my stories – !!
• You can subscribe to the “normal/old blog” (nonsense/craziness/thoughts) by clicking here.
• If you’re a new reader, you can learn a little about me on my “About” page.
Hint: I’m not normal!
• I’ll be focusing on all sorts of NEW fun photography information/contests/giveaways/tutorials on my new Photography Page. (Listed under Photography in the navigation bar at the top of the page.)
• You can subscribe to the Photography Page by clicking here.
• That’s right – you can subscribe to one, or both, pages – ! (It’s magically like two separate blogs all wrapped into one. Now, if there were only two of ME to keep up with them!)
• If you don’t like subscribing to blogs, you can just visit the “old fashioned” way – by stopping by. I love when you come to visit! (Just remember, photography articles will be on the photography PAGE.)
• The new Photography Page/Feed will include some great stuff! I expect to publish photography related posts 2-3 times each week.
• I’ve listed everything I’ll be including on the new photography page in my first photography article – which you can read HERE.
• Are we confused yet?
• All my blog/photo data has been transferred to a new server. You don’t think you need to know that, but …
• A new server means Twenty Four At Heart will load faster and more reliably when you come for a visit. Hallelujah!
• There’s a “Subscribe” tab in the navigation bar at the top of the blog. It will allow you to subscribe to the normal/old blog, the Kindle edition of the blog, and/or the Photography Page. (Sorry the Photography Feed is not available on Kindle yet!)
• There’s also a “Shop” tab in the navigation bar at the top of the blog. It will lead you to two separate pages:
1. My GEAR page – which lists the camera gear I currently use the most. I developed this page because I frequently (!) get asked what camera/lenses/etc. I use. (I will be adding more to this page over the next few weeks as time allows. As it turns out, I have quite a lot of camera-related stuff to list for you on this page.) You’ll get the advantage of having a fun and ongoing look at what’s in my camera bag.
2. My PHOTO GALLERIES. I’ve been selling my photos for several years now. I’ve tried to make purchasing them as simple and straightforward as possible.
• What else is new?
When I write a post on the normal/old/main blog, I frequently include photos. I always have.
If I include a photo I think people might want to purchase, I can now make it a “one click” photo. That means, you will be able to click directly on the photo to purchase it.
I, obviously, won’t do this with every photo I include in a post. I’m sure you don’t want to buy a photo of my dogs, me, or my garden??
How will you know if a photo is a “one click” photo? I’ll put a caption under the photo to tell you. Likewise, if I ever post a photo you’d like to purchase, and it isn’t a “one click” photo and/or in my galleries, just let me know. Perhaps, I just didn’t think enough people would be interested in purchasing it. If I can make it available to you, I will.
• What won’t I be doing with my new site?
I won’t be spamming you. I won’t be trying to “push” photo sales on you. I won’t be placing ads in the middle of articles.
I will still, always be ME.
I’m so excited -
Today is a new beginning, in my old and comfortable “home.”