My blog is broken.
It won’t let me upload photos.
My friends at GiggaSavvy (particularly my new project manager, Geoff) are right on it now that the holiday weekend is over.
I like Geoff and we haven’t even met in person yet.
Geoff’s a very good communicator, which I greatly appreciate.
In the meantime, I can’t share any photos today so I’m going to ramble in a completely incoherent manner.
• September is one of our hottest months here. (Have I mentioned it’s hot?)
• Our first Southern California fire for the “season” has broken out. I REALLY admire the fire men/women who deal with horrible fires, in extreme heat, in very difficult California terrain. They really are heroes. By the way, the hill behind my house still hasn’t grown back from the damage done by arsonists over a year ago.
• Why are firemen “always” so attractive?
• School begins for my youngest at the end of this week.
• I should buy him a pencil or something?
• I’m now the parent of a daughter who’s done with school, a son who’s a senior in college (!!), and a son who’s a senior in high school!
• Holy CRAP – how did that happen?
• Expect lots of emotion from me at the end of this school year – I can’t even bring myself to think about being an empty nester a year from now.
• I went window shopping over the weekend. Literally. I shopped for windows. I’m still in the “getting-estimates” faze of window shopping.
• My house has been falling apart over the last six-plus years, post-car accident. I’m determined to get a lot of repairs done now that summer’s over. (And possibly even make the house semi-presentable at the same time?)
• Yes, I really am making September New Year’s Resolutions.
• There’s a vague possibility we might relocate sometime in the next 2-3 years. Most of my neglected house projects would have to be done if we sold the house, anyway. We might as well get them done and enjoy the benefits for awhile, right?
• I’m (still) having some significant “tummy” issues. (Some of you might remember I had two fun-filled colonoscopies several months ago.) I don’t think I ate at all the last few days in Hawaii. I have an appointment to see my husband’s friend (he’s a world-famous GI specialist) in the next two weeks. There are concerns the pain I’m experiencing might be linked to the computer implanted in my abdomen. Most people wait months to see this particular doc. I’m grateful he’s getting me in so fast. Maybe it’s “just” my appendix? However, it’s safe to say, I’m not looking forward to whatever it is, and/or whatever it entails ….
• Aren’t “entails” part of your intestines?
• Just kidding!
• Also, how long can a person live on crackers and bread and bland, boring, starchy foods?
• I went to Balboa Island in Newport Beach over the weekend. I wasn’t there for photography purposes, but I did (of course) have my camera with me.
• Hey, I wonder if my broken blog would let me show you a photo via a link to my photo website?
Click on photo to purchase, or view larger, in 24atHeart gallery
Hey, look at that!
(And because the above photo is really just an imaginary link via my photo site, that makes it a One Click Photo too!)
The above photo was taken at sunset, from Balboa Island, looking towards the Balboa Peninsula.
As you can see, a boat was entering the frame as I shot The Fun Zone.
The island was packed with tourists for the holiday weekend.
No offense, tourists, but I can’t wait till you all go home.
P.S. I’ve decided I didn’t take nearly enough photos while in Kauai, and I NEED to go back and take more.