• I have a post up on my Photography Page (you can subscribe to my photography page here) with details of two lenses I have available for sale.
One of them (Canon 28-135mm) is a good, basic, beginning/multi-purpose lens. It came with my Canon 7D and I don’t think I’ve used it more than a few times.
(I don’t know why I didn’t buy a “body only” camera when I already had Canon lenses?)
The other (Canon 24-105) is a high end (amaze-balls!) multi-purpose lens. I love it a LOT, but I primarily use prime lenses at this point.
It seems like a waste to hang onto lenses I don’t use often “just in case.”
Both lenses are in very good condition.
You can read more details about the pricing, etc., in my post here.
• My daughter was home the past few days. She surprised me with a Pumpkin-Spice Latte yesterday morning. Just like that it felt like fall. (Never mind the bizarre weather we’re having!)
• I recently stumbled upon a “reunion” website from my high school class. I walked away from high school, and never looked back. Not once. High school years were not happy years. It floored me to see names scrolling past of people I haven’t thought of in
decades years. Some of them also had “current” photos of themselves on the site. I wouldn’t have recognized a single one of them. Not one. When did they get so middle-aged looking? Some people posted updates on their lives. A huge number of people still live in the exact same neighborhood – and still hang out together. Why does that seem so odd to me?
• Do you think the “mean girls” from high school know they were total bitches?
• I heard a group of Orange County 4th – 6th graders talking about their “credit cards” the other day. Seriously! Apparently, OC parents now pre-load cards with money on them for their elementary aged kids. One boy was telling the other kids he could buy them stuff because he has “three hundred dollars” on his credit card. This prompted a discussion I was horrified by. One girl looked embarrassed and out of place because she didn’t have a “credit card.” I wanted to hug her and tell her she has the only sane parents of the bunch.
• Sometimes I really have to focus on the positives of Orange County, in an attempt to not be completely horrified by it.
• If nothing else, bizarre monsoons give us beautiful sunsets.