Whew – I needed yesterday … in so many ways!
• First of all, I haven’t taken my shoes off (except to shower) since the scorpion incident.
• What? You’ve worn shoes to bed before, right? (You’re so KINKY!!)
• I have not (!!!!!) seen a scorpion in the last 24 hours.
• I am still very concerned about scorpion(s).
• By the way, I AM a scorpio (n?) – for those of you who believe in astrological signs. (Emotional? Intense? Sexier than hell???)
• I moved 13,000 RAW files off my laptop yesterday. Yes, I said thirteen THOUSAND! (Thanks to thunderbolt technology – it went faster than expected!)
• Omigod – can you believe it? I was told I’d never hold a camera again – and look at me now! My heart is bursting with joy over this accomplishment! Seriously, it’s crazy and AMAZING!
• I (finally!) got a couple hours to mentally recharge yesterday.
Click on photo to purchase, or view larger, in 24atHeart gallery.
• I highly recommend you NEVER hike over zillions of rocks, wade through waves, gingerly step through tidepools (in your new sneakers), while carrying a huge, heavy, tripod, a backpack full of gear, and a professional camera.
• Seriously – you’d be out of your mind to do something like that. (It’s really hard to balance while climbing and carrying so much crap.)
• It was hot yesterday.
• Scorpions like hot weather. (Boo! Hiss! I don’t like scorpions!)
• I got sunburned and I had sunscreen on. (My nose has not stopped peeling for months!)
• I really, really, needed to be out there though. I’m a better (nicer/calmer/saner) person now.
• I’m still behind on everything. (Of course I am! I was out playing with my camera instead of tackling my To Do list!)
• Can’t we just go back to September until we all get caught up with our lives? (I want a couple months to get ready for the holidays!)