I don’t make New Year’s resolutions.
I don’t make them for two reasons.
First, New Year’s is my least favorite holiday.
In fact, I really (!!!) dislike New Year’s Eve. I always have. I wish it would disappear.
It seems like a “forced” holiday.
You MUST go to a party.
You MUST drink until you get drunk and/or sick. (I’m a lightweight with alcohol. What do I do all night after I get drunk on one glass of wine?)
You MUST stay up until midnight even if you don’t want to.
You MUST be happy.
I don’t like being told what to do.
Second, no one ever keeps their New Year’s resolutions, right?
And if no one keeps them, what’s the point of having them?
This year, I keep thinking of all sorts of things I want to do.
“I should make that a resolution!” I say to myself.
Over and over and over again.
I decided I would write a list of all my 2013 resolutions, even though I will most likely forget I even made them within a week.
Here they are, in no particular order:
• Hire a hot trainer as soon as I’ve recovered from upcoming Surgery #9. He must be very, very, hot because otherwise it would be a waste of money. The whole point is having a hot hard body around
to drool over, right?
• Get an assistant for my photography business. I have my first meeting with my (possible) future assistant this Friday.
• Lose “the prednisone fat” I’ve been carrying around since Surgery #8. I don’t know who the fat girl is in the mirror, but I want ME back.
• Cook more. Unlike many people, I actually like cooking. However, most cooking tasks (stirring, chopping, lifting) really HURT my bum arm. I have to find a way. What cooking tools make your kitchen life easier?
• Exercise regularly. “Regularly” is the key word here. I’m very inconsistent. Things like surgeries, travel, and children seem to keep getting in the way. I’m a very active person, but I need a more consistent exercise routine.
• Re-organize my house. I’d really like to bulldoze it completely, but reorganizing will have to do.
• Put on at least ONE photography workshop for all of you who have requested it.
• Dress a little “nicer” at least one day a week. This is a big challenge for a girl like me. I prefer wearing beat-up sweats and jeans.
• Continue to challenge myself artistically. Art is a journey and it never ends.
• Read more books. I love reading. Why do I feel like I rarely have time?
• Visit places I’ve never been to before.
I could probably list at least another ten “resolutions” if I tried.
Are you making any resolutions this year?
What are they?