Prepare yourself – I’m sharing gift ideas today!
I hate shopping.
I’m missing all sorts of girlie genes, and a love for shopping is definitely one of them.
Don’t get me wrong –
I LOVE giving.
It’s just the actual act of shopping (people, noise, crowds, lines!) I dislike. I try to do as much shopping as possible online, but sometimes I have to suck it up and join the crowd.
When I finally do force myself out into the real world, I find all sorts of things I LIKE.
I’m going to share a few of those things today.
Maybe you know someone who would like these items too?
(Or better yet, maybe you would?)
• King Arthur Baking Products – I’ve yet to try a King Arthur product I haven’t had good results with. (Many are gluten free.) I don’t bake a LOT, but I do bake around the holidays.
• Vitamix Professional Blenders – Yes, I got my Christmas present prior to Thanksgiving this year. This machine is SAVING me so much pain in the kitchen – literally. I use it as a food processor, soup maker, smoothie maker, etc., etc. It replaced my 20 year old, pain in the ass, food processor and my not-quite-as-old blender. I should have gotten one the day after my car accident. I would have, if I only knew how much easier it would make my life. It has been used a minimum of twice a day since Briefcase brought it home a few weeks ago. Chopping (post car accident) is one of the most painful things I “have to” do – this machine is making a huge difference for me. (Not only that, this particular model CLEANS ITSELF!) It’s a miracle machine! Yes, it’s expensive. And YES, it’s worth every penny – especially for me with my bum arm.
• Hobo Lauren Wallet (for women) – I’ve loved Hobo wallets forever. This one is bigger than I usually like, but fantastic. (That’s what she said?) It can sub as a clutch purse when you don’t want to carry anything else. It even has a compartment for your phone. I’ve never met a Hobo wallet I didn’t like, but this is my current favorite. (Other Hobo wallets can be found here.) P.S. Hobo wallets feel good in your hands!
• Kindle Fire HD – I had a first edition Kindle and loved it. It died on me last summer, at the very beginning of a five hour flight. I wanted to weep right there on the plane. Fortunately for me, when I eventually went to replace it, Amazon had just come out with the Fire HD version. I love my gadgets, and I won’t board a flight without my Kindle.
• Lancome Oscillation Vibration Infinite Power Mascara – I don’t wear much make up, but I’m rarely without mascara. (I have blond eyelashes and I appear to have NO eyes at all if I don’t wear mascara!) I’ve tried many brands of mascara, and this one is worth every penny. Ladies, it’s a mascara tube that vibrates, what could be better?
• GoPro Hero3 Black Edition – The GoPro belongs (also) on my photography page, but just about everyone I know wants one whether they’re a “real” photographer or not. GoPro’s are just FUN! The new Black Edition is currently hard to find, but rumor has it a few have already shipped via my friends at B&H!
• Tervis Tumblers – I (almost) always have one with me. These “glasses” are the greatest invention ever. There’s no need for coasters – they don’t “sweat” even when filled with ice. They’re insulated so drinks stay cold in them for hours upon hours. I frequently leave one in my car while I go shooting on the beach. When I get back to my (hot!) car a few hours later, the tumbler still has unmelted ice in it and my very cold drink. I’ve dropped them on my kitchen brick floor, and they haven’t even cracked. I put them in the dishwasher with no problems. Seriously, I have one with me 90% of my waking hours. (I get lids and straws for them too … I always have one with me while driving.)
I’ll post a few more things I like soon.
In the meantime, do you have anything you like lately?
(It always help with shopping when people share gift ideas!)
P.S. I had some issues with my comment section yesterday. Everything appears to be working great again today!