January is off to a great start.
I’m hoping a positive first week bodes well for all of 2013.
I thought I’d catch you up on a few things from previous posts today.
• I’m happy to announce I’m beginning the new year with a fantastic photography assistant. I’ve decided to “blog-name” her Miss Kay.
• Miss Kay experienced her first hands-on training with me last Friday. She’ll be easing in gradually over the next few weeks (since I have Surgery #9 to deal with next week). As she gets trained, and learns more about what I do and how I do it, she will become a huge help. I especially like how calm she was when she asked, “And why do we need to actually stand in the ocean?” Ha ha!!
• Some of you have inquired about Paul Newman. He’s fine. He’s helping me SO much. I’m amazed, truly AMAZED, at how much progress I’ve already made. I can move my arm more right now than I ever have since the car accident. I’m a long way from “normal,” but there’s no doubt he’s The Best Thing To Happen To My Arm Since Forever. Yay for Paul Newman!
• Remind me of that entire last statement next week after I have surgery, mkay?
• Last week, Paul Newman mentioned I’ve already cried on him once. “I have not,” I replied. “Yes, you did – out of frustration.” he reminded me. I flashed back to my first visit with him when my eyes might have welled up just a little bit. “Oh, that doesn’t count. I haven’t done The Ugly Cry,” I informed him. “Oh great,” he sighed.
• Today is my 6th day on Weight Watchers. I haven’t gone off the program by even one little-itty-bitty bite. I’m very focused. I’m looking forward to recognizing myself in the mirror again someday in the future. Am I skinny yet?
• Some of you might remember I received a Vitamix as an early Christmas gift this year. It has been used every single day. I’ve been using it to wet-chop vegetables (which is a huge blessing for my arm). I also make “green” smoothies for myself and/or family members nearly every day. I’ve made soup in it several times. In fact, last week I threw some ripe Roma tomatoes, a few basil leaves, a clove of garlic and a pinch of salt in it. Four minutes later I had delicious tomato basil soup … steaming hot directly from the Vitamix. My post-car accident life would have been much easier if I had one of these wonder machines a few years ago.
• Surgery #9 will be one week from today. As a result, I have a lot to do this week. (I don’t know what the recovery will be like.) I’m hoping for the best, but I’m trying to get a lot done in case I’m unable to do much post-surgery. And yes, I’ve already managed to work myself into a pretty bad pain flare-up. Stuff has to get done this week, regardless. (Now please pass the pain pills??)
• I am SO excited! I hit 150,000 subscribers on Facebook last week! Woo hoo! I’d love it if you joined the party too!
• My entire family is REALLY into watching football this year. And yes, I do mean my ENTIRE family …!