Hello pain flare-up and pain med induced brain fog.
• Paul Newman tried some new things with me this week.
It didn’t work out so well.
(For me, that is. He’s perfectly fine.)
• I’m trying to accept the fact I can’t make the simplest of motions with my arm.
And attempting to do so . . . ?
Still sends me into terrible pain flare-ups.
My immediate reaction is to be upset and frustrated.
And clench my teeth.
(Oh, and also act grumpy!)
It’s okay, right?
• I am better than I was six months ago and much better than I was a year ago.
I may never be able to do many things, but I can do so much more than I used to be able to do.
• Besides? Paul Newman wouldn’t know what to do without me
whining to him at this point. (Ahem??)
• My college-visit(s) with my son went well yesterday.
He’s still, of course, undecided on which college he wants to go to.
He’s now narrowed it down to four schools, but we still have three more to visit – one in Texas, one in Oregon and one in San Francisco. (The school that has a hot blond girl recruiting him clearly understands young males.)
• We have a lot of big changes/transitions going on in our family right now with everyone. It’s kind of crazy, but mostly wonderful.
• I’ve been dealing with a metal-print lab nightmare for the last eight days. (But who’s counting???) For those of you Want-To-Be-Photographers, please know that shooting photos is only about 10% of the job.
• Remember the food processor that broke? The manufacturer is sending me a new one. (Yay!!!) Apparently, metal blades aren’t supposed to break off and go flying through the machine when you use it. Also? Thank God it has a lid so the metal blade didn’t go flying through the air.
• OK, I’ll try to have a more clear-headed post tomorrow. In the meantime, keep your fingers crossed that my photo lab gets their act together. And that my pain flare-up decreases in intensity.
And that good things rain down on all of us. : )