I’ve posted a lot about my gym exploits recently.
I use this space to write about whatever is currently going on in my life –
Lately, a lot of my time has been devoted to getting a routine established at the gym.
Here’s a little bit about other things going on in my life right now:
• Paul Newman is fine. And yes, he’s completely in the loop in regard to my adventures at the gym. (I wouldn’t dare try to get anything past him! The man has x-ray vision regarding my life, even when he’s not with me. Seriously – it is uncanny and creepy and kind of cool all at the same time.)
• Paul Newman can move me into a lot more bendy-arm positions now that he’s been taking care of me for awhile. He loves seeing how bendy he can make me, by the way. (Ahem?) My pain levels are so much better as long as I see him fairly frequently. He’s become a mandatory part of my life. He’s a great help, and I think he’s a fantastic (and hilarious!) person too. I never, ever, want to go back to pre-Paul Newman days.
• No, my arm/upper body is not “normal yet” and I don’t think anyone expects it ever will be. That makes me all the more grateful for every ounce of improvement I make with both my pain level and my function.
• My entire life seems to be about Slow Progress. That’s okay with me. Slow progress is better than NO progress.
• Nike is also FINE. She and I went for a long walk last week to get caught up.
• On the photography front: I have a meeting with two clients this week. I also have a shoot. I also need to redo my price lists, again, because the price list (charged to me) from my printer is changing.
• I recently purchased a Drobo 5D. I have computer file storage problems. (As do most photographers.) I still need one more Drobo. Storage is expensive, but my photography is my life’s work. I can’t imagine losing it all.
• A million hummingbirds live in my backyard. Or, at least, 30-40. I make 24 cups of hummingbird food at a time. I have two feeders. I’m considering purchasing a third feeder so I don’t have to refill the first two as often. But what if more hummingbirds arrive as a result? I love hummingbirds, but I already “have” more of them than anyone I’ve ever heard of.
• I’m freaking out a little. One of my kids is graduating from college next month. Another will be graduating from high school in June. How is that even possible? (I have upcoming trips scheduled to North Carolina and Texas as a result.)
• My new favorite sunscreen is called Elta MD. I received a (free!) bottle from one of my doctor friends and really liked it. I noticed it was also listed in this month’s In Style Magazine as the best sunscreen for faces. It’s more expensive than most drugstore brands so I’d recommend getting something cheaper for the rest of your body. I like it because it doesn’t feel greasy on my face. Also, my very sensitive skin isn’t irritated by it. Many of you know, I’m very careful with the sun. I wear sunscreen every single day, year round. (Available through doctors and online.)
• My favorite slip-on sandal this year is Sophie by Dansko. I’m all about comfort, and these can’t be beat. (I prefer slip-on sandals because they’re so easy to get on and off as I run out the door, or when I get to the sand.) They come in lots of colors. They aren’t the sexiest sandal out there, but they’re sort of cute. More importantly … ahhhh! They’re Dansko’s so you know they feel great! (I might own more than one color?)
• Have you noticed I’m on a kick to “get my shit together?” This goes for every aspect of my life …!
It might be a case of spring cleaning run amok?