I have a whopping five minutes to write a blog post.
This is what I can tell you about my North Carolina trip so far:
• It takes one full (entire, loooooong!) day to travel from Orange County to North Carolina.
• A great son is willing to pick his mom up at the airport late at night.
• Hotel bars can be awesome.
• It has been completely grey and/or raining every second I’ve been here. “Carolina Blue” must be a myth. It rained all of my last visit, also.
• As a result, I have apparently hauled massive amounts of camera gear across 3,000+ miles for no reason, whatsoever.
• I lied. There was actually one spot of blue sky for thirty seconds. I photographed it from a parking lot just to “prove” the sky is still blue behind all the grey.
• There are a lot of trees here.
• I ate a fried green tomato. Well, actually, just a very thin slice of one.
• Other food that I’ve had served to me: Biscuits (minus the gravy – I just can’t “do” gravy no matter how much “they” want me to try it), collard greens, fried french toast.
• THAT’S RIGHT FOLKS! THEY FRY FRENCH TOAST HERE!
• Who knew people did such things?
• I’m pretty sure I no longer have arteries. They closed up and left for California …. the land of sprouts and greens.
• Did I mention the hotel bar?
• Rainy days are good days for movies.
• I traveled 3,000+ miles to go to the movies. (Which are much cheaper to see in NC than in California, by the way!)
• I saw The Great Gatsby … one of my all time favorite books. (I love Fitzgerald!)
• I saw Star Trek.
• Both movies were good and I’m glad I got to see them.
• I’ve also had a lot of great time with my oldest son and his girlfriend, Pretty.
I’ll have more for you soon.
There hasn’t been much time for being online …!