I want to apologize to everyone I owe emails to right now.
There are a lot of you, and I will try my hardest to get caught up within the next few days.
If you left a comment on my last few posts, I have now (finally) responded in the comments section of my posts. I’m sorry it took me a little longer than normal.
Here are some random updates on
the chaos my life:
• It feels SO good to be back in California. I don’t think I realize how spoiled I am with my “California lifestyle” until I leave for awhile.
• I still haven’t had a minute to unpack. I will today. I was gone/extremely busy *every second* of yesterday.
• My youngest son, PR, seems a little better. He got a meningitis vaccine several days prior to my North Carolina trip. He was running a fever and had some more-serious-than-normal side effects. I debated cancelling my trip back east, but I couldn’t “not” be there for my other son’s (RC’s) college graduation. A doc-in-the-box assured us PR would be better “in another day”. I went back east. My daughter came and stayed with PR over last weekend. By the end of the weekend, his fever sky rocketed. He apparently developed an infection which was unrelated to the vaccine. Blah, blah, blah. I am the worst mom ever. In any case, when I got home PR looked scary horrible, had a super high fever, swollen glands, etc., etc. We *think* his fever broke late last night. Yesterday, we were able to get him to a different doctor. He’s on all sorts of medication. He has missed a ton of school. I’m not done being worried about him yet. I’m hoping I’ll see improvements now that he has drugs. I’m watching him very closely. Too many things about his illness don’t seem at all “normal” for a virus/infection/sickness.
• RC arrived home for a few weeks late last night. He begins his first adult, full-time, job/career in July, back east. (Sob!) I’m happy to have all three of my kids in California while it lasts. Pretty, RC’s girlfriend, will be coming out soon for a week long visit also.
• My recent travels sent me (my arm) into a bad flare-up. I’m blaming the luggage because I didn’t shoot *that* much.
• I saw Paul Newman yesterday. I really, really, needed him. He wasn’t very happy with my body’s current state. He gave me *that* look which means – What the hell did you do to get yourself *this* bad? In fact, I think it shocked him how inflamed/swollen/horrible I can get in such a short amount of time. At least he knows he’s needed and appreciated, right? I honestly don’t know what I would do without him. He helps me so much. If any of my OC readers ever need an amazingly superb physical therapist, please feel free to email me. I will happily refer you to Paul Newman’s practice – all the therapists who work for him are also excellent.
• Traveling is bad for me. Traveling alone = Certain Flare-Up and lots of Pain.
• I saw three hawks yesterday, in totally different locations of The OC. They made me happy to be home.
• A mountain lion was spotted in our neighborhood. They’re a fact of life here, in the canyon where I live. Personally, I prefer seeing hawks.
• Before I left for North Carolina, I purchased ginger beer. I’m ready to make Moscow Mules this summer. (They’re the perfect summer cocktail!)
• Some of you might remember PR and I did some film shooting on Mother’s Day. He took a double exposure on a Holga to “make” this ghost-like photo of me shooting with the Diana. I love how it came out.
I’ll have more for you soon!