Is it just me, or is this a crazy-busy time of year?
Weddings, and graduations, and Mother’s Day, and more graduations, and birthdays, and Father’s Day and, and, and …!
I seem to be spending a lot of money on gifts lately.
Also, my calendar is resembling more of a jigsaw puzzle than anything organized and/or orderly.
Click on photo to purchase, or view larger, in 24atHeart gallery.
I thought I’d compile a very random list of tidbits for you today:
• There’s a BIG (700 people and growing?) photo event going on next Tuesday, May 14th, in San Francisco. You can get details here. Everyone is welcome. Yes, even those of you who “just” have the camera on your phone.
• I’m trying to make my way to San Francisco for the event. I’m in search of a cheap place to stay the night of the 14th. Thomas Hawk’s couch is my only option right now (and I hate to impose on
him his wife).
• I will also be heading to North Carolina in the (very?) near future for my son’s college graduation. Pinch me … how is it possible he’s graduating from college?
• I like BEING places, but I hate “the act” of air travel. Airports, security lines, sitting sardine-like with germy people, trying to handle camera equipment and luggage with one arm … it sucks. (Hello pain flare-ups!)
• A couple days ago, I received a text message from Paul Newman that simply read: Innocent REALLY? I knew he must be getting caught up on blog posts. He had probably just read the last few sentences of this one. Apparently, he doesn’t think I look at all innocent. (It’s only because he knows me!)
• In contrast, yesterday I sent a text message to Paul Newman which read: You have become indispensable. Don’t die.
• He replied: What did you do?
• Paul Newman and I? We are an endless source of comedic material. It never stops. I sometimes wonder if my orthopedic surgeon purposely sent me to Paul Newman while thinking, “THIS will be amusing to watch!”
• Baby Face (my once-a-week personal trainer) is FINE. I actually got him to talk a little yesterday. Usually he’s all business, but I’m wearing him down. I’ll find the human in him any day now! Yesterday was my day to do arm
s. He added an extra ab workout too. (Probably because working out one arm takes less time than working out two?) He’d never consider letting me off easy.
• No, I’m not in a “gym routine” yet. My life is chaotic and, apparently, I travel a lot. BUT, I’m sticking with it and enjoying (??) it. Baby Face is constantly changing up what I do, which keeps me from getting bored. He also seems to find
new weak muscles every time I see him.
• You might have heard, Adobe is moving its Creative Suite (Photoshop, et al.) to a cloud-based, subscription (pretty high monthly fee), service. A lot of people are very upset about this, particularly photographers. In a nutshell, if you’re a casual/amateur/hobbyist/beginning/small business photographer it is not something to sign up for, in my opinion. You can find lots of unhappy people bitching about Adobe’s change on photography websites everywhere. If you’d like my two cents on any aspect of this news feel free to email me and I will do my best to answer your question(s).
• I miss Doc a lot. He was my therapy dog. He was there for me through the car accident, all nine surgeries, and a very hellish recovery road. I’m so happy I still have Mocha. She’s laying on top of my feet as I type this. I’ve been giving her lots of extra attention because I know she misses Doc too. I love animals.
• I’ve been testing out some fun new photography gadgets. I will have news about them soon!