• Last night, my son had an allergic reaction to something he ate, and I found myself worrying whether or not he’d make it to his HS graduation ceremony today.
• This morning I’m still concerned.
• Today, if he seems to be improving, I will try to de-stress with a workout at the gym while his brother keeps an eye on him.
• All day, I’ll be continuing the data recovery, make-a-bazillion-copies of multiple terabytes of photos, process.
• It is a looooong process.
• Today, also, my in-laws fly into town.
• Yes, I said in-laws.
• Tonight (assuming the previous mentioned allergic reaction can be controlled) my son graduates from high school. It will be a very long event.
• Yesterday, I received a call informing me a recent bone density test showed I’m losing bone.
• Losing bone?
• I guess that makes me officially OLD.
• Except for my legs, which are gaining bone.
• What the hell?
Isn’t this kind of stuff supposed to happen when we are elderly?
Why are my leg bones gaining bone?
(By the way, I’m also very low on Vitamin D even though I take both Vitamin D and Calcium supplements.)
• Taking “Grow A Bone” drugs are an option. Except? I need to do research because I don’t want to take drugs if I can find a better way to grow bone. Or stop losing bone.
WHY AM I HAVING TO THINK ABOUT BONE LOSS AT MY AGE??
• Yesterday, I got an additional (worse?) call informing me a recent ultrasound showed the possible cause of some girly-problems. (Polyps and fibroids)
• I need a uterine biopsy. (Ouch!)
• And, additionally, most likely, an endometrial ablation and D&C.
• And possibly, if that doesn’t work and/or the biopsy is bad, a hysterectomy. (Instant menopause, with a big dose of pain.)
• I don’t even fully understand it all yet, but none of it makes me happy.
• Getting news like this within 24 hours of having my son (hopefully) graduate from high school makes me feel VERY ANCIENT.
• There should be a rule against me ever needing any type of medical intervention for anything for the rest of my life. I know that isn’t logical, but it’s how I feel about all of this unwelcome news. I’ve had enough of the medical world.
• Boo Hiss!
• Please share if you know anything about any of this (getting old before your old) girly stuff. I need to learn a lot before I let anyone do anything to me ….
• I realize many people will wonder why I would write about something as personal as female issues online.
• I’ll tell you why. We learn from each other.
• Did I mention I’m stressed out about my son’s allergic reaction, the in-laws arriving, the graduation (will he be able to go?), becoming bone-less at an early age, and being told I need painful medical procedures to my girly parts?