Life has been busy.
Here’s a look at my latest …..
Goo Goo Dolls – John Rzeznik, lead singer.
Matchbox Twenty – Rob Thomas, lead singer.
Thanks to some very generous friends, I was seated about 12 rows back – center stage.
(Sorry for the bad iPhone photos. I might have been a little inebriated?)
It was a great night.
I had so much fun!
• On Sunday, I attended a “college send-off party” for my soon-to-be-college-bound son. (The party was put on by his soon to be college.) Have I mentioned he only has 16 days left here in California? Aaaack!
• On Monday, I visited with my friend (and doctor) Dr. Painless. I hadn’t seen him in awhile. (Paul Newman gets credit for the fact I now see less of Dr. Painless.)
Why did I do this?
1) I will use the Sony when I can’t have all my normal gear with me – it will fit in a coat pocket.
2) I often have to take breaks (for several days/weeks) from shooting because of my bum arm. This camera is a fraction of the weight of my primary camera – it will be a huge help for me with my injuries.
I had an opportunity to try out this revolutionary camera a couple months ago.
1) It’s very TINY.
3) It has a high quality Zeiss 35mm lens.
4) It does NOT have interchangeable lenses which means if I’m shooting with it, I’m forced to “go light.” (I have to actually be forced not to carry all my gear everywhere!) I’m very excited about shooting a set focal length. (I always tell people the best way to learn a lens is to shoot with nothing but that lens for weeks. Well, when I use the Sony I will have no choice. I will grow as a photographer as a result.)
5) The Sony RX1R takes breathtaking photos. (I should say, it is CAPABLE of taking breathtaking photos. I will, I’m sure, go through a bit of a learning curve with it.)
I’ll share more about this amazing one-of-a-kind camera once I get it in my photography-addicted hands. (I’m hoping it arrives before I go to Texas!)
• Some of you already know I do some photography work with/for the city of Newport Beach. It appears the Newport Beach portion of my work-life will be expanding in coming weeks. I’ll keep you in the loop on some of the projects I’ll be involved in once I’m allowed to talk about them. (Oops? Did I already say too much?)
• I’m really regretting we made no vacation plans for this summer.
It’s been a transitional summer for our family.
Along with that, has come a very hectic schedule.
Maybe I’ll be able to escape and do *nothing* for a few days in the fall?