I’ve (mainly) been hibernating the last few days.
I do that sometimes.
I guess it’s my way of recharging my batteries.
It has been a very fast-paced, whirlwind, six months.
I think I needed a few days of hibernating.
This morning I’m hanging out (for longer than normal) with Paul Newman.
I’m pretty sure he’s beside himself missing me. (!!)
This afternoon Miss Kay and I are headed up to L.A. to meet with a client.
In other news ….
• My house will soon be tented for termite fumigation. I can’t tell you how thrilled it makes me ….
• Termites are a big problem/issue in Southern California – and, apparently, it’s “swarming season.”
• If any of you care to share with me your termite fumigation experiences, I’d love to hear them.
• Like, how big of a pain in the ass is it? (And yes, I do know how expensive it is!)
• I guess I’ll take a mini road trip while the house is tented.• By the way, ever since I found out, I keep imagining termite wings fluttering everywhere I go. It isn’t pleasant being me.
• Speaking of road trips, my son took my rolling (carry-on) suitcase with him to college. It probably sounds like a minor thing, but I looked long and hard to find luggage compatible with my bum arm. Yesterday, I replaced my
stolen old luggage with a Travelpro 21″ Crew 9 carry-on bag. The true test will come on my next (termite-inspired) trip, but it sure seems like an upgrade to what I had before. Seven years post-accident, I’m all about whatever makes life easier.
• Actual text I sent Miss Kay yesterday: My entire day is revolving around what time the UPS man will deliver the wine.
• I’m pretty sure it makes me a 12 year old girl, but I can’t help following the song-lyric-wars between Taylor Swift and John Mayer. (OMG … I can’t believe I publicly admitted to that! I’ve just humiliated myself on my own blog!)
• We’ve had funky weather this week. Monsoon heat and clouds with coastal fog. It’s very strange …. but, sometimes, weird weather produces some really beautiful images!
Click on photo to purchase, or view larger, in 24atHeart gallery.