I apologize I haven’t had time to edit many photos from this trip I’m (still) on.
Here’s a little bit about what I’ve been doing …
• Last Wednesday was a 4:00 a.m. – 11:30 p.m (California to Texas) kind of day. My son, PR, moved into his dorm.
• On Thursday, after breakfast with PR, I spent close to six hours shooting in 106F+ weather. I finally stopped when I felt like I might pass out. Yes, I was drinking water.
• Thursday night I got incredibly sick. I’m pretty sure it was from dehydration and/or the heat? It’s not something I want to repeat – ever.
• On Friday, I flew to North Carolina. I made a point of drinking gallons of water on Friday. I was able to spend time with my oldest son, RC. He’s now a grown-up working man.
• I’m so proud of my kids!
• On Saturday, I spent the entire day in North Carolina. RC played tour guide. We had a great day together. I ate a biscuit! We visited a local brewery! We saw all sorts of cool stuff including artsy things. North Carolina is looking SO pretty – all the crepe myrtles are blooming. Crepe myrtles are everywhere in North Carolina. I’ve never seen so many!
Click on photo to purchase, or view larger, in 24atHeart gallery.
• In addition to being very pretty, North Carolina is also very humid/hot this time of year.
• Apparently, I’m not super heat tolerant? I suppose you get used to “real” heat if you live in it. I’m a Southern California weather-spoiled wimp!
• North Carolina has very pretty clouds. I took lots of photos of clouds!
• On Saturday night, RC and I went out to a fancy restaurant and drank too much wine. Then we walked, and walked, and walked – stopping here and there to listen to live music.
• On Sunday morning RC took me to the airport and I flew back to Texas.
• I might have been crying in the North Carolina airport after saying good-bye to RC. The good-byes never get easier. I embarrass myself sometimes. I am such a mom.
• If you’re a parent who is lucky enough to have all your kids within driving distance – you’re a very lucky parent.
• On Sunday afternoon I reconnected with PR in Texas. He was very tired from a busy few days of orientation-type activities. Guess what? It is *still* hot in Texas!
• On Sunday night I took PR out to dinner. Then we decided to “drive around Texas” to get familiar with it.
• I might have made arrangements for PR to ride Sir, the Texas Longhorn I made friends with a few days ago.
• I’d share a photo, but if I did – PR might kill me.
• PR said he can’t believe “how big the sky is” in Texas. I took a lot of photos of amazing Texas clouds. (Or are they Texan clouds?) Then it occurred to me maybe *every* place, except California, has lots of clouds? I’ve been mesmerized by clouds this entire trip.
• There was THUNDER one night when I was in Texas. I realize this isn’t unusual for Texans, but it was very exciting for me!
• TODAY – I’m spending a good chunk of the day with PR in Texas. Probably in an air-conditioned building, if at all possible.
• TONIGHT – I say good-bye to PR and fly back to California. I imagine I’ll be crying at the airport (again).
• I really, really, REALLY hate saying good-bye to my kids.
• I will, however, be glad to get back to “California-style” heat.
• My arm is bad.
• By bad, I mean – bad, bad, bad!
• I can’t say I *want* to get back to PT, but I can say I really *need* to get back to PT. (I fly in tonight and see Paul Newman tomorrow morning.)