I hope you had a nice Labor Day Weekend.
My daughter was visiting for a good chunk of the weekend.
In addition to visiting with her, I spent a lot of time putting my house back together post-fumigation. (My pantry has never been so clean and organized!) I still have more work to do, but I’ve made a lot of post-fumigation progress.
• I’ve mentioned how much I love my Vitamix blender several times. Some Vitamix models have been found to have a flaw with their blade system. If you own a Vitamix you can get information regarding the recall by clicking here. I’ve heard Vitamix is taking stellar care of those customers who have been affected.
• Speaking of excellence ….. I sent Paul Newman a text saying, “Knock, knock?” while making a stop for gas on my return trip from Santa Barbara last Friday. His return text said, “2:30?” Sigh. I love that man. (In, of course, a very platonic way.) The timing was perfect with my drive down the coast. I might have shown up at 2:30 with a bottle of wine. I felt so much better after he un-kinked me. I realize a lot of what I just wrote sounds very wrong, but trust me – it’s all good.
• Flickr selected one of my photos for their “explore” page where they feature “top” photographs. I’m going to be honest and admit I don’t understand exactly how or why my photo was selected. I do know, however, my photo got a tremendous amount of exposure as a result. “Which photo?” you’re probably asking. It’s a photo I took Saturday evening as the sun set. It’s titled Heart In My Hands.
Click on photo to purchase, or view larger, in 24atHeart gallery.
It was a beautiful night, and I was in a beautiful spot as the sun set. It really was a wonderful, breathtaking, sight.
• On a sadder note, all the plants within a few feet of the perimeter of my house have died as a result of the fumigation. I’m so bummed.
My dead lemon tree.
The house is due for trim painting in a few weeks. Once that’s done, I guess I’ll have to deal with replacing the dead landscaping. Sigh!
• Can you believe it’s already September??
• I’m going to post a mini-review of the Sony RX1R on Friday. (Some of you might remember Photography Fridays?) Several people have asked me what I think about this new, tiny, revolutionary camera. I wanted to shoot with it for awhile before I voiced an opinion. I’ll share my likes, dislikes, and various other opinions on Friday.
• It’s official, I now own the 24atHeart trademark in addition to the Twenty Four At Heart trademark. It took a (very!) long time, but it was a necessary process. (Someone was attempting to sell landscape photos using a version of “my” name, which caused/potentially caused confusion for buyers/customers/clients.)
• As for the empty-nest transition, I’ve been super busy so it still doesn’t feel real. I do feel sad after talking to my youngest on the phone though. I’m fine when I’m actually talking with him, but when we hang up I feel a little sad. I’ve become accustom to the two older kids living away from home, but having PR away is still new. But, I’ll be in Texas in just a few weeks for Parent’s Weekend. I imagine I’ll embarrass PR to death by sobbing all over him again when I see him.
Sheesh … nobody ever tells you how hard it is to be a parent!