I’m so glad it’s Friday.
This wasn’t the smoothest of weeks for me.
This morning I’m hanging out with Paul Newman.
I really, really, need him.
THE WEEK IS OVER!
Here are a few tidbits running through my mind ….
• Paul Newman sent me a text yesterday telling me it’s okay to whine to him. Isn’t he nice?
• I was back at the gym working out yesterday. One arm only. It didn’t turn out very well. I’m still in too much pain. Being in pain just zaps a person’s energy and makes it very difficult to focus on exercising other body parts. (Which is exactly how I got in such bad shape to begin with.) I feel like the entire gym outing yesterday was only about a 30% effort. Sigh.
• I might call Dr. Painless today and see if I can get a shot in my ass. Sometimes that’s the only thing that gets my body to calm down when it gets this angry with me.
• The other night (when I was flipping out due to pain) I took an Ambien. Some of you might remember my Ambien ghost story? In any case, I didn’t go straight to bed like I should have. I was in too much pain and I was *sure* I would never fall asleep. I decided to pick up the house a little with my good arm. (Because the carpet cleaner was coming at 7:00 the next morning. I didn’t want anything on the tables/end tables he would be moving.) Apparently, in a drugged up haze, I decided the remote for the TV needed to go someplace *special* so it wouldn’t get lost. I have absolutely NO memory after that. Several days later I’m wondering if I might have buried it in the canyon behind my house. Seriously, the remote is just GONE. If I ever find my “special” Ambien-inspired safe place for the TV remote, I’ll let you know. It’s a good thing I rarely watch T.V?
• I’ve made dozens of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (not for myself) in the last week.
• I love (love, love!) the Humans Of New York book. I have a lot of photographer friends, and the author of this book is NOT one of them. I’ve never met him. I’m not “plugging” his book because he’s a friend. I just love it. My guess is it will be a hot gift book this holiday season.
Speaking of photographers ….
I took the above photo of my friends Thomas and Jonathan when we were waiting for a train at one of the Oakland BART stations. I love the photo because I love my friends. The three of us have had a lot of adventures together.
• I want to go up to L.A. and visit some museums soon.
• I have big goals for this weekend. One is to make a substantial dent in work related stuff. (I’m in the process of completely reorganizing my photography files and my workflow processes.) The other is to spend a large dose of time hiking with my little camera. (My big camera needs to stay home until my arm feels better.)
Here’s a photo I took about a week ago in San Francisco.
I’ve really been into intentional blur and soft focus shots lately ….
Click on photo to purchase, or view larger, in 24atHeart gallery.
I love visiting the Bay Area.
I’m already wishing I could go back for another visit.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!