I flew into San Jose yesterday morning.
I then drove “all the way” into San Francisco.
I hadn’t originally expected to be in the city hence the San Jose airport vs. the San Francisco airport.
I haven’t had time to edit photos from yesterday yet so I thought I’d just share a few thoughts today instead.
Yesterday, I learned:
• It takes about one hour to drive from the San Jose airport to San Francisco.
• It isn’t a “bad” drive if you time it right.
• The drive is totally worth it, if you’ve got a good friend to visit with when you arrive.
• There’s a lot to photograph in the Mission District of San Francisco.
• There’s also excellent Mexican food there.
• The mission itself is really cool.
• Never travel without a Mophie … or some other type of supplemental battery for your phone.
• Be grateful for friends who help out when your phone dies.
• For that matter, just be grateful for friends who share your type of crazy ….
My only edited photo from yesterday – Thomas Hawk
• The Haight (Haight-Ashbury ) is a whole lot of funky.
• Yes, you CAN get high from second hand smoke if you spend enough time shooting there.
• It’s entirely possible to drive past your hotel THREE times without seeing it … if it’s hidden down a dark alley
and probably haunted.
• If you can hear absolutely everything in an adjoining hotel room, you’ll definitely have someone in that same room who talks loudly to himself for lengthy amounts of time.
• You should never spend time writing a blog post instead of prepping for an interview.
I’ll be back (hopefully) tomorrow …..