And, just like that, it’s NOVEMBER!
• I guess it’s time to get the spooky spider design taken off of my toes.
• Here’s a real question I asked Baby Face yesterday:
“Is it harder at three or six inches?”
I was, of course, referring to the abdominal floor leg lifts he was making me do.
After he recomposed himself, which took some time,
He informed me it’s more difficult to do the exercise with a three inch lift than with a six inch lift.
(Every time I start to get the hang of something, he makes it
harder more difficult.)
By the way, my question was intended innocently.
I just happen to say things innocently that sound bad all the time.
• FedEx has been trying to deliver wine to my house several times this week.
I wasn’t home to sign for it.
(Someone at least 21 years old has to be home to sign for alcohol deliveries.)
The wine was a thank you gift sent from a client.
I was finally home when FedEx showed up yesterday.
I was expecting a one bottle thank you gift from the information I’d been given.
Imagine my surprise when a full case (12 bottles!!) was delivered.
• Before the wine arrived, I ate four Milkduds from the Halloween candy stash.
It took approximately one hour to chew them.
I’m pretty sure they will be in my intestines for the remainder of the century.
• It felt like Christmas at my house yesterday, because there were other deliveries too.
• I’ve never owned a bundt cake pan and for some reason I decided I have to make a bundt cake this holiday season.
In a moment of culinary determination, I ordered a bundt pan online last week.
A gigantic box arrived via UPS yesterday.
After digging through tons and tons of packaging, I finally got down to a small box with the bundt pan in it.
By the way, I don’t even like cake so I don’t know why I feel I have to make a bundt cake.
(I’m sure my family and guests will appreciate it?)
If you make a terrific bundt cake and would like to share the recipe with me, I’d appreciate it.
• One other box arrived for me yesterday, too.
For over a year, I’ve been eyeing the Ona Brixton Antique Cognac Leather Camera Bag.
I have forty bazillion photo bags at this point in my life.
Nonetheless, the smaller size, and intoxicating antique leather, of this bag had me yearning for it.
Every year my mom (the greatest mom on earth) sends me a check for my birthday.
This year, I combined her generous gift with a little of my own money and purchased the bag.
I was so happy it arrived when it did.
I’m using my new bag today, and the next few days, while I’m in Los Angeles.