I hope you had a nice weekend.
Most everyone I know is out and about and in a festive, holiday, mood – and I’m not.
(I’m kind of like the grinch hiding out in his cave?)
But, I’m seeing Dr. Painless this afternoon and I’m sure I’ll be in a better place very soon.
By the way, I’ve been told Dr. Painless is swamped with pain patients. His schedule is double booked.
Is it terrible it made me feel a little better to hear that?
To know I’m not the only one who has a body that freaks the hell out during holiday season?
In any case, here’s my latest:
• I hate cold. It was 58 here yesterday, and by OC standards that’s FREEZING.
• It looks like an elf barfed all over my house right now. There’s Christmas stuff everywhere, but none of it is (yet) where it needs to be. I’m waiting for my arm to feel better. (??)
• No, I don’t have a tree either. I’m failing at Christmas this year.
• I did get my out of state gifts wrapped and mailed over the weekend. Thank goodness I had taken care of those purchases before my arm freaked out.
• I guess next year I will have to hire help for November and December. I hate to say it, but pain wins. I feel defeated. Just a couple weeks ago I was feeling so on top of things. I felt like I’d come so far and that I’m capable of so much more than I ever have been since the accident. Obviously, feeling better led to me to doing way too much … and now here I am knocked on my ass. Boo hiss!
• I bought my Texas son a winter jacket. I planned to give it to him for Christmas. As many of you know, Texas went from 70F to 28F over the last few days. I paid (a lot!) and “overnighted” his Christmas present to him so he wouldn’t freeze. It didn’t arrive. Why? Apparently Texas shuts down the roads when there are storms. They aren’t used to storms? (Southern California can’t function in storms, but I was surprised Texas can’t either.) They haven’t had mail delivery to his campus in four days. In any case, he should get it sometime this week — after the weather warms up and just in time to come home for winter break.
• Does UPS give refunds when they don’t/can’t deliver what you paid for?
• Even though I have most of my gift shopping still ahead of me, I’m super excited about giving one, particular, small gift this year. Truly, the best part about the holidays is giving.