This has been an odd week, for an assortment of reasons.
• I’m working on a photography-related project for a friend most of this week.
• Paul Newman decided this week was the week to attempt a baby step forward with my arm. I was both happy and nervous about this change.
• Was the baby step a success? I don’t know. I’m very sore from trying something new. (But, that doesn’t mean it isn’t good for me.)
• Also? It’s pretty pathetic how such a microscopic small, teeny-tiny, baby step can be such a BIG THING in the world of my arm.
• About a week ago, Paul Newman got some of my super tight neck muscles to relax. It was so awesome, I might have asked him to marry me and have ten babies.
• He laughs at me a lot.
• I bought new towels. This shouldn’t be a big deal, but they’re the first new bath towels I’ve bought in decades. I’m afraid to use them because they look SO nice compared to the ones I’ve had for a bazillion years.
• The new towels are white. (!!!)
• Is their a scientific name for New Towel Anxiety?
• There’s been a very loud owl who-whoing on my deck every night. It isn’t unusual to hear owls where I live, but this one has been exceptionally persistent, keeping me awake night after night. Two nights ago, I sat by my bedroom window in the dark and watched him. He’s a big horned owl. (Very big!!) He knew I was watching, of course. He can see much better in the dark than I can. I didn’t attempt to take his photo because I knew he would fly away if I clicked a shutter.
• While I’m editing photos, I frequently have my little aromatherapy machine working. It helps me “get in the mood” for editing.
• I will be in L.A. this weekend, for both work and fun. I’m looking forward to a temporary change in environment. I’ll be staying at The Huntley again since they were so amazing to me last time I was there. It’s also in a pretty awesome location – lots of great stuff within walking distance.
Taken in my room at The Huntley Hotel about two and a half months ago.
• I’ve been very Healthy-Habit motivated lately. I just bought new vitamins and a couple supplements. (I’m still Vitamin D deficient even though I’m in the sunshine a lot and take a supplement. It was suggested I try a different brand of supplement to see if my body will absorb it better.) A few of my friends have been on “health kicks” lately. Maybe everyone made New Year resolutions? I’ll share the new things I’m trying in a separate post.